How much would you charge someone to write their essay?

Have you ever done this before?

How much would you charge someone to write their 8-10 page research essay? And would the price increase if the essay was research vs creative or interpretive writing?

Thanks people.

• $10 or less
  • $20 or less
  • $30 or less
  • $40 or less
  • $50 or less
  • more than 50
  • I would do it for free

Most Helpful Guy

• Well mainly people charge per hour, I would charge someone per page so 10-15 dollars per page, not double spaced can be completed in about 30 minutes provided all the info is present.
    I would say that an 8-10 page essay double spaced should be between $40-$50 dollars. Single spaced would be slightly more so verging on 100-120.
    lol but find someone to do that for ya:P

What Guys Said 15

• depends on the length and topic really.

• Over fifty bucks, that's for sure. I wouldn't do it anyway, but still, a well-written 8-10 page research paper takes a lot of time.

• I wouldn't do it at all to be honest my work isn't for sale now that being said I'd help him study and give him pointers but no way I'm doing the whole thing for him. You don't learn jack crap when someone else does your work for you.

• i wrote a final portfolio papers for my writing class, haha
    it was a collection of papers, poems and stories we had to write over the year
    i charged the kid $800 to do all his assignments over the semester.

• I write reports/essays for living, so 8-10 pages would take a couple of hours. Typed, edited and proofed @ $20 an hour.

• 8-10 isn't that much to be honest but a lot of my time probably 10 dollars if they asked me nicely. Its not like i have anything else to do lol.

• Thinking in money paid per hour, it would have to be at LEAST $50.

• about 50 dollars

• $50. IT'S AN ESSAY!

• I paid someone $10 to do one for me. i was lazy back then ;o

• Do it for free then randomly site myself for the information in paragraphs.

• ten dollars per paragraph

• If you want that A, it will cost you, especially if it is not in my major.

• It would only take me 2 hours to write a 8-10 page essay. So I guess I'd charge 50$ for the whole thing.

• For school? I wouldn't. That's unethical.

For a business? My billable hours would put that in the $6000 to $8000 range, plus fees.

• Do you do this professionally or are you speaking hypothetically?

• What types of papers do you do? Do you do academic papers or do you help people create their own books?

• Academic papers? Not strictly. Some projects I take on are similar in nature and do require accurate research with strict adherence to transparency. But they are ultimately part of a company's overall marketing efforts, so they are meant to be persuasive in combination with other materials.

I'd say that's what I do: write factual, accurate, but persuasive text that ultimately helps a business market and sell their products or services.

Some writers will ghost write books. Personally, I don't like those projects, simply because they're a complex amount of work, but don't pay in proportion to the effort... usually (depends upon whether or not the book sells, and what your royalty agreement is).

Generally, if I'm going to undergo the effort of writing a book, I want my name on it.

What Girls Said 10

• over $50 for sure. it takes me time and effort to give up a good essay. not doing that for less than $50!

• I only do it for friends or friends of my friends and I take payment in food. But I'm not writing their paper for then, not exactly. They give me their rough draft of whatever they put together and I edit it so its better.

• I'd do it for free because i'm the reborn Jesus.☺️

• Jesus, help me with organic chemistry! @PeachSunset

• It depends on the pages and what topic its on, which may require more research such as science or political matter. $20 dollars instantly sprung to mind but it should be based on how much research is going to this paper, especially over 4 pages. So you might be looking at above $20. I chose $20 regardless but take everything else into consideration.

• for research papers, definitely over $100 - those things take time
    creative/interpretive writing - more than $50 but less than $100 if we're talking 8-10 pages

• 20-30 dollars.

• More than 50! I hate essays!

• I think people who buy and sell their assignments or papers are not so great. Do your own work in life, don't get others to do it. I wouldn't charge them anything because I wouldn't do it.

• @moistycakes I'm the one they're soliciting because my work is so good. 😭 why was I cursed with this literary genius?

• $50 plus my typing fee. Typing fee is prorated by the hour.

• I have never done this before and I won't do it. Lol.

I would charge $10-$15.