Why would my fwb's 6 year old daughter call me mommy?

We don't do anything around her or in front of her for her to think that would ever be okay... Can anyone explain?

Most Helpful Guy

• She needs a mother figure in her life. You are that lady, certainly the closest thing to it. Take it as a great compliment from a kiddie! She feels safe with you around. It's nothing to do with what you and him do. It's how she sees the world through the eyes of a six year old. Her dad, plus a lady = dad and mum!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, but consider this: she may not understand what's going on now at age 6... but she sure as hell is going to look back and understand when she's older.

I was in the same shoes as you. The guy had 2 little boys. Looking back, I really regret thinking it was okay to be friends with benefits with someone who had kids who witnessed these girls coming over to their house all the time. friends with benefits is a hollywood myth that's best to leave alone. Stick to a vibrator, dildo or 1 night stands (with condoms). That's the best way to prevent strings attached or running into complications.

• It's been going on for years and me and him are fine. I don't really see a reason to end it

• I don't know. We've never talked about it. I feel like it'd be weird

• Honey, I don't think it could get weirder than it already is... having a little girl calling you "mommy". If you don't see anything long-term with this man and his daughter, then you all are wasting each other's time and taking it away from exciting adventures with the people you really should be together with. Every time I look back on my "episode" with the guy who had 2 little boys, I'm always yelling at my former self. "Why did you waste so much time with him? You could have been out meeting the right guy and having the time of your life!"

What Guys Said 5

• Cause she doesn't see anyone else coming out of daddys room but you.

• You are female figure in her life. If you are around enough and she really likes you then that is why she would call you mommy.

• Lol she likes me because when I breathe my hair to the side she's convinced I'm Elsa

• Braid* not breathe

• Basically it has nothing to do with what you and her dad are doing. It's common for kids to call other "close friends" a title for family members. It's like Aunts and Uncles for friends. But with you, you might be around more often, or the kid doesn't know how to use Auntie for you.

• ------------------------
    WOMP WOMP

• This makes me sad.

• She might see you around the house regularly, and she's starting to grow attached to you.

What Girls Said 3

• These questions just keep getting better.

• Why are you in any contact with your friends with benefits kids? I have been friends with benefits with a guy for two years and we have never met each other's kids.

• Because we were friends first and it was at a wedding for his brother and my best friend and his daughter was in the wedding

• Honestly I think she's a fantastic kid but I wouldn't see myself as a mother figure I don't think. She is 6. And yes very involved. She lives with her biological mother.

• My daughter is 5 and her dad has been dating a female for a year and I could never see my daughter being comfortable calling her mommy. The courts explained to us in divorce that a child should have one mommy and one daddy and not multiple people coming in and out playing those parts. She may have let it slip or been acting silly. My daughter some times calls my male uncles daddy by accident but it's not a big deal. You just need to explain to her that she has a mommy and that she can call you something else as a cute pet name.

• 6 year olds doesn't really think they say/ do things out of pure impulse.

I used to call my grandfather dad and i wanted to marry my brother when i was at that age, haha... Don't look too much into it.