"what would you do if you had a million dollars" ?

My brother and I seem to always watch a movie everyday we see each other, so yesterday it was office space. ergo this question

What would you do? :p
... I might do nothing. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Build a flat building (dunno how its properly translated in English and to lazy to look it up) with 20 flats inside and big rooms. And then let people rent them. Lets make it cheap, lets say 500€ per flat. 20x500=10000€ every month. Lets say this building costs 600000€, then I still have 400000€ to build my own awesome house and have a nice car. PLUS I get 10000€ every month. Lets say I dont want to deal with the work connected with this, then I hire someone who manages all this for 3000€ a month and get a caretaker/janitor who takes care of the flat building for 2000€. So I have a house worth 350000€ and a nice car worth 50000€ and 5000€ every month for doing nothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I have 1 million dollars.
    I would use that money to go to Portugal where my boyfriend is
    . I would pay for any certificate I needed for a job to have some income
    Get my eye sight fixed because some things are invisible to me without my glasses.
    Then save the rest for any out of the blue expenses.

What Guys Said 33

• A million isn't that much any more. That's not enough to quit working unless you are fairly old. To start spending more than a portion of the investment income would be stupid. It's enough that you can relax and have more choices in life, but it's not enough to go on a spending spree. It should be invested and let it grow without touching the original million.

• Assuming that it's tax free
    100,000.00 into charity
    250,000.00 new house
    150,000.00 savings/living expenses
    500,000.00 investment fund
    150,000.00 safe investments mutual funds/government bonds etc.
    150,000.00 aggressive investments high risk mutual funds/money market etc
    200,000. New business, I'd start a new company using these funds.

Assuming that you can live on about 2,000 a month without a house payment then you have about 6 years for your investments to mature.

• A million dollars is not as much as it used to seem. Thus, I would take the money and invest it.

• pay off my debts, invest about 500 thousand, and then squander the rest on trinkets, snacks, and pot.

• Move to the US and start my own business to turn the million into a billion

• I'd buy a car, all the video games and electronics that I want, and then I'd use the rest of the money to buy a bunch of foreclosed homes, flip them, then sell them, then repeat the process until I have dozens of them to rent out.

• I would live happily ever after ;)

• I wouldn't do anything drastic, considering I am only getting the a million once. It would be different if it was my annual salary or something. Probably buy a regular house and such.

• real estate. lmao buy and rent out places, then sell them at maximum inflation. Repeat with cheaper estate

• buy a decent house and car and do 1-2 vacations I always wanted to do...
    I'll put the rest on my savings account and just keep living a normal life without having any financial troubles.

• I would be doing what I'm doing now. :-p

• I would pay my debt for my parents as a gratitude of hard work and paying bills for me, Treat myself to a nice house, car, and donating to charity, go on numerous travels and helping people who are in need.

• Buy some pizza

• I would go to hospitals and anonymously pay for people to have surgeries if they couldn't afford them.

• I would buy you a green dress... but not a REAL green dress, that's cruel.

• I'd start a business after taking 6 months off of work.

• Save half, invest a quarter of it, use the rest for college and personal expenses (a new $30,000 car I've wanted for years, after that the money would barely be touched and would just gain interest sitting in the bank).

• I'd travel across the world to meet my favorite artists and tell them how great they are and how they should just keep being themselves

• I would buy a high end dslr and all the necessary accessories and donate the rest of the money to an orphange.

• I'd give it to you 😉

• Start a business and move out.

• i would go traveling

• Nothing sounds awesome! Put the money in the bank life off the interest and do nothing but chill

• Move to the USA.

• I will help MY FAMILY AND people who suffer from cancer by 75% of it.
    And i will take 250,000. Dollars for me and my brother. and put them in a bank to make sure i will gain a lot of monet monthly.

• Travel the world.

• Tell no one.

Save it.

Keep my job.

Live my life.

• invest , properties is the best choice in my opinion (long term investment)

• Get the hell out of dodge, leave everyone and everything and start fresh.

• I would invest in something to keep my money coming back

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 11

• Use it to start off a business. That way overtime I could go from millionaire, to multimillionaire, and then become a billionaire/multibillionaire. Once that happens I'd buy my own island, and create my own country.

• I would pay people to hear their stories. I really love hearing stories, it's fascinating to me, and it will make other people happy too- so why not? :)(you can say I can read books, but I'd rather hear real stories from the people that have experienced them)

• I would buy a house, buy a car, pay for my college tuition and save the rest of the money while I continue working.

• LoL, if I had a million dollars... I wouldn't have to do anything :P

• I'd buy a warehouse and make it a house/art studio for myself. Give half of it to my mother. And invest or donate the rest of it.

• Invest in a small business, help out family and its a better potential of education without worrying about the costs too much.

• I ain't interested in money therefore I'm not interested in luxury life either! I would probably help others...

• buy a house for my mom

• Invest in something to make it grow
    Pay off my debt , buy a car

• 1. fix my teeth.
    2. change bathroom chair >>> i'm not kidding i'm suffering because of it.
    3. save the money.

• I would donate 20% of that money to the poor.

I would also go travelling around the world for 3 months.