Do you get jealous/feel bad, when you see other people having fun?

I'm not gonna lie, I sometimes feel jealous or bad when I see people having fun, like going to parties and doing crazy shit, since it's something that I love doing, but I almost never do.
Sometimes I hear crazy college stories and I get upset cause I know that will never happen to me as much as I want to.

So do you also feel this way? It doesn't have to be about parties like me, but something else too.

Most Helpful Girl

• "cause I know that will never happen to me as much as I want to." - Why do you say that? What holds you back?

I felt the same way in undergrad, because I chose not to drink (I was more religious then and lived close to home, so I didn't want to slip up and have it get around to my parents). Sometimes I'd get annoyed that to everyone, drinking was the only way to have fun. My school is named one of the top 5 party schools in the USA. By senior year, I was very, very comfortable with who I was though, because I made a lot of like-minded friends as well as in-between friends who went out sometimes and we had a lot of fun together. I miss that a lot. Now, in medical school, I really don't care about who goes out and no one makes a big deal about it. I guess people grow out of trying so hard to be cool.

• Cause my school has no parties, it doesn't have dorms or anything, just a floor in one building. I'll be graduating in 10 months. I have no friends that I go out with.
      I just can't do anything of what I said above.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am surprised you feel that way.

I only feel this way when I get the lonely feels. It happened rarely. It's usually when I see a lot of couples on when I'm the third wheel.

• Why do you say you're surprised?

• Oh, that was when I was younger, now I've been a whole year without almost any friends, or hanging out. My social life right now is almost non-existent.

• Lol, I know how that goes welcome to my life from 23 til now

What Girls Said 17

• Eh I won't lie, I do. But I only feel like that when I see people posting their pictures all over on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat etc about them traveling everywhere and they literally live like that. I feel jealous then cause I know it's hard for me to that, and when I go on all these social media sites, it's their pictures of them having fun and me studying for exams fml -_-

• yeah but i ONLY feel like that when i see those people who r basically living their entire lives travelling or always at the beach in their swimmers... sun baking or sipping on a damn martini.

and then there's me studying for my finals, smh.

• yes I do, especially When in a bad mood, I envy them, but I don't mean no harm, it makes me sad, and I'll feel lonelier, for me when I see some of my roommates got visits of their parents (loving and caring parents), that makes me sad or feel bad, to see couples in school (even if I already have bf)...

• Exactly. I don't mean no harm either, I just wish I was in their position.

• I also wonder that too, why they have that while I don't. What am I doing wrong that they're doing right?

• yes; what do I miss to get that happiness of theirs?

• Ehh maybe a little bit. But it doesn't bother me that much, I know I'll be able to have all the desired fun in the future if I'll wish to.

• Yup... sometime but since I am so depress I just stop caring... it like when I see couples in love... I wish I had it but eh I don't care anymore...

• It depends. Sometimes, yes, I do. Other times, I couldn't care less. If I feel left out like you mentioned or bored or really upset, certain things are bound to get to me. For example, two of my best friends from high school got together a while ago, and that bothered me. It's not that I don't want them hanging out, but we had all decided we needed to hang out next as a group... then that. I was free when they hung out, too.

Oh well, I guess.

• Yeah, they should have asked you to come :/

• Yeah, I just saw the photos later and was like, "WTF? Where was my invite?" I kept that thought to myself, though.

• Yes, of course. I am so lonely these days and it sucks knowing I have no social life while I look at everyone, including my sister, go out and have fun and then having to see it on Facebook. Life is rough right now.

• Haha I just came back from a bar where I went with my friend who, kind as she is, didn't tell me she was gonna bring her boyfriend. I was more annoyed and kinda embarrassed with them making out right next to me than jealous though..

• All the fucking time 😒😒😒
    Now I don't live in the same town my friends do and they're always throwing parties and I can't go!!
    Then I see the pics and I get so damn jealous!

When we're together then it's all good 😂😂

• Not really :p Unless my friends go out without inviting me and have fum (thankfully never happened yet :p )

• yes, i do. especially since my friends live over an hour away from me
    most of the fun stuff takes place real late at night, which requires some planning on my part. so i hate it whenever friends who live right in the city would invite me last minute for stuff.

and sometimes, when i hear of people doing fun things, i sometimes wonder what's wrong with me as well. a longing for a sense of normalcy i suppose compared to feeling like a hermit.

• Eh.. I only get jealous if I see too many happy people in relationships.

I feel like everyone is finding love around me and it kinda just makes me feel even more lonelier than usual lol

• Same here haha...

• no I don't get jealous of people having fun partying because I'm not real in to party's

• But what about when they do something that you really like doing but you don't get to do as much as you wish?

• if was doing something fun like going to the beach then I probably might feel that way but if it's partying that wouldn't bother me

• Nah, that's not me.

• No lies yes. It just reminds me that I have no life. It sucks. I wish I can have fun just like others.

• Yes, it annoys me and I feel jealous about it, there's nothing to do here where I live, and to be honest I myself don't even bother.

What Guys Said 9

• Only when they're doing it at my expense, or by messing with someone I care about. I try to hide it, but I can actually get extremely jealous and enraged.

• No, because I have been to some crazy parties/ events in my life.

• Me too, but I still wanna go to more. That's why I get jealous and upset, because I've experienced that and I know how much fun it is.

• ohh yes I do. Sometimes it's parties but I'm not really keen on that. For me it's more on outings like hiking and canoeing. I felt kinda jealous when this friend of mine told me his story on their week long camping. Wish I could have go with my group.

• Nah I just remember that my life is guided by me and no one else. So if i want to have fun i go fishing, or any hobby and have fun. Life does not need to be a circus for me.

• Different ways of living life, I guess. You don't need so much socialization to have fun.

• Thats true like I love to talk to others, but sometimes all that is needed is a nice day with a beer, a buddy and a fishing pole.

• nope. my definition of fun is usually different than most peoples. when i hear stories of parties i usually just listen to them and mentally take notes because i don't go to parties

• The only thing I get jealous in this world is to see someone near my babe! That's all...

• not really. i dont envy anybody.

• YEAH SOMETIMES
    BUT TO BE HONEST ITS NOT GOOD TO BE JEALOUS OF ANYBODY OVER ANYTHING

• I don't find those types of things fun personally, but when I see people doing things I find fun it makes me want to finish what is keeping me from participating in things I like to do.