How is it possible to be attractive in person, but not photogenic?

I know this girl in person who is gorgeous, but her pictures on Instagram.. For the most part she seems average.

If my friends record a video of me, I'd say I look okay, but then when I slow the video down frame by frame (as if they were pictures), I look ugly as 💩

So, how is it possible to be not photogenic, but be called "attractive" in person? Are you one of these people?

(Ignore filters and Photoshopping)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh this is so me! I won't say that I am drop dead gorgeous in person but even when I'm all dolled up and looking fairly above average in reality, I look average or below average in photos. Sigh, being photogenic is a blessing!

What Girls Said 3

• I take horrible pics but am told I am attractive in real life.

• I look decent in person but horrible in pictures. It's totally possible

• I look better in pictures (depending on the pics of course) and I know people who are the other way around

What Guys Said 3

• I have been told that I look nowhere near as good on photos as in person.

I usually look so awkward in photos :(

The lens just produces a 2D image, lots of features get lost this way, my bone structure is never as clearly visible on 2D images as in real life for example :/

• Lol Ikr you just need to know the right angles and lighting which is what my friend said and to practice what side you look good in but personally it takes me a long time to get a good picture I still suck at it since I'm not really into doing selfies 24/7 xD

• Lol so would you say that if you get the right angles down, would that more appropriately describe you in person or would it be like a "false representation" of you? I know that's a tough question...

• yea I know a chick on Facebook that looked like 10/10 for your average guys but once I saw her in person I was like wtf happened xD so yea just be glad you're not photogenic like us it's better to be attractive in real life than in pictures haha

• I took like 10 tries to get my avatar picture lol. I'm so not photogenic, and I hold the angle wrong too lol. Loss of people on IG take tons of pix and then pick the best one, and then run all kinds of filters to it. One reason why I didn't like IG.

• yeah I agree. I just chose from like 10 pictures to use for my avatar and I was just like "screw it, I don't know anyone here anyway" lol. It's a struggle

• I'm literally the worst at selfies