Why did god make Atheists, if he just sends them to hell?

I'm not religious, by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• man i wish i could find the opinion where i explained this... =/ ok ill do it again.

ok. In order to answer this question, one must first acknowledge the existence of God. if someone truly believes that God does not exist, then they have no question to ask, because they'd be asking about something that doesn't exist, and that would be the end of my answer.

However, if someone acknowledges that God exists, then one must know that an important characteristic of God is that He is just. he is fair. Now, if God created humans that were all destined to obey His every command, then they are merely robots who have no will to exercise. So what I'm saying is that if we didn't have free will, then God would no longer be just, and if He's no longer just, then He's no longer God.

Because God IS just, we have the will to decide whether or not we want to know Him. Christianity is not something one is born into until they become baptised. Whether or not someone chooses to be baptised is the way they choose to exercise the GIFT of free will.

No one is 'sent' to hell. I've seen people here say they'd be happy to go to hell, because of course, how easy is it to comprehend the idea of heaven and hell? it disturbs human knowledge, and when something does that, we tend to throw it away.
    When a person can acknowledge and respect that faith is irrational and does not solely depend on logic, only then will they begin to understand.

What Girls Said 10

• Christian god-free will blah blah. Gives you a brain, gives you no clear evidence of his existence, sends you to hell for thinking freely and using your logic.

• I see clear evidence every day. In fact my deceased Grandfather spoke to me the moment he died, and said "The rules are we can see you, but you can't see us." I called my mother who confirmed he had just died. I was raised in a family that was not religious (except my mother, but a minor sect that is not aligned with Christianity per se). I had a religious conversion on Easter when I was 28. When my daughter was diagnosed with a rare disease so rare they named it after my last name, and 3 months before her death, I received "angelic" voices that told me she would be in Heaven, where she would await me after my death. My wife got visions, and saw her in the clouds with Jesus and angels, simultaneous to the voices I heard. We are not druggies, and there was no alcohol use for months during the time she was ill. I see it in the logic of music, in science, in everything. God is all around, you just have to change the channel through which you see things. No trolling, please.

• I didn't mean you were trolling, I was just telling any trolls around to not jump into this. If the time is right you will see for yourself, nobody can do it for you, and nobody can tell you what to believe, either - that's just wrong.

• By the way, I'm sorry for the things that have happened in your life.
      And thank you for sharing some of your personal story.

• God didn't make atheists. He made people and gave them the choice to follow him. It's like when you're younger and you don't want to eat salad because your parents are forcing you, but as you got older and they stopped forcing you you realized it's not that bad. God doesn't want to force himself on you, he want's it to be your choice. He knew you'd suffer if you HAD to follow him, and he wants you to happily follow him. Does that make sense?

• Everybody is born without a belief in God so he kind of does create them. Why should it matter if I follow him or not? Can I just be a good person and that's it?

• @SonicDare And no acually im not a skeptic. I know these things for fact and I am able to back them up with what the bible says.

• @epiman94 lol thanks :)

• Excuse me, God who?

• God gave people free will, so he doesn't force anyone to follow him.

• it is not free will if you are being sent to hell

• As Siren said, you are born and live with free will, and that will, or soul is a gift from God. Once people die it is not theirs anymore, it goes back to its Maker.

• hell is the life away from God.

• Just because one says they don't believe doesn't mean they don't think " maybe". Also, they may believe the moment they. Die. In the bible it says Jesus died so all of our sins are forgiven, you may not believe when you're alive but I think when we die we will be asked do we believe and to repent. After all he is merciful and he realizes we are humans , out of all his creations he favored us because we were self thinking, stubborn, arrogant. etc and this favorabilty made an angel turn his a back on God now k, own as Lucifer. If people read the bible they'd learn a lot

• That makes a lot of sense. If god had the ability to make a human any way that he likes, wouldn't he make them be the way he wants them to be? Like with no sin. I'm not religious either lol but really I was thinking about this the other day.

• Why are you asking us atheists this? We are atheists. We'll simply say, "god doesn't exist." Why not just aim this question towards everyone?

• Because there is no such thing as "god".

• As a non believer I love this question!

Okay that's all.

• Everyone is born with a set religion. He chooses to be atheist by himself, God didn't choose that for him.

What Guys Said 15

• Which god? Which one? Here, pick your choice:
    wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...eve-in1.jpg

(click twice on the vertical lines. That list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

• well that's the real question right?

if we choose to assume god, in particular the Christian God's existence. Then we are also assuming that they gave us free choice. so why would that God penalize us for choosing not to believe in something, as if our beliefs alone determined our passage to heaven or hell as opposed to our actions.

me personally believe that if there is a heaven. and a god who is the bouncer of the place being a good person, regardless of religious belief, is all it would take for admittance to heaven

• I always questioned that either when I was religious. Luckily, I do not have to worry about that anymore.

• Because if he didn't create any sinners, then there wouldn't be any point to having made a hell.

... Okay, okay, the actual religious answer would be that humans were given the right to choose between following God or rejecting him; so the assumption is that people are not born atheist, but it is a choice. And God will reward those who chose to stand by him.

Not that it really matters though, it is all just population control.

• God supposedly made everything, but Christians say he made only good, he also made bad, ex. satan

• Yes, of course. Bad exists to differentiate the good from the bad.

Or it's just that people are coded to seek survival and we think whatever makes us less likely to survive and causes us harm is "bad", and we developed to see "bad" things as "bad" because they are undesirable for our survival. Heh.

• NO! God allows everything from choosing good to choosing bad.

• Free will let them be atheist.

• God didn't create them, Atheists created themselves, just like most other groups, religions or organizations created themselves they started out small with just a few like minded people and grew, changed overtime.

• Atheists wish to live apart from God. God just grants their wish for eternity.

• Breaking up isn't wishing to be lit on fire. :o

• @vishna I dunno about the fire stuff. The only thing I'm sure about hell is that it is separate from God and the things of God.

• Why did god make believers if they r going to be sent to heaven why don't he just put then in heaven

If u believe that there's a god

Then WE aren't in the post on TO question GOD'S act

• He didn't, since god doesn't exist obviously. Welcome to atheism.

• Religious fundamentalist and pimping ass pastors indirectly push atheism more than anything else

• That's a lazy excuse. Be an atheist because God allowed Hitler, not because of some puny preacher. Personally I have atheist friends. Free choice.

• @SonicDare
      Maybe so if it's the sole reason for people losing faith but I only pointed it out just because it's often brought up by atheist. Your reason doesn't really seem more legit though and some people would classify Hitler as a religious fundamentalist so it's up to the individual. by the way I wasn't talking about me I was just saying

• Yes, he was such a fundamentalist he dismantled Christianity in Germany. Religious fervor in a religion of his own making, I grant you that.

• He doesn't send them to hell, they are forgiven for their sins

• I don't think god sends atheists to hell,

• God made people, people have free choice; atheists choose to believe there is no God.

• There is that one sequence in 1st Samuel 15 which documents as the Israelites exterminated that tribe, then they exterminated this tribe, then they went on and exterminated- wait, what do you mean, "you kept the virgins?" You were supposed to slay them to the last child! *Cue divine punishment*

Not the kind of nastiness contemporary churches like to focus on.

• I'm sure if there is a deity up there he, she, or they have common sense.