How to tell somebody kindly that they need to wear deodorant?

My lab partner is a very sensitive person, kind but he stinks...

Natural heart tattoo on my left arm http://imgur.com/2ULyb23

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a website for delivering these kinds of messages anonymously. I forget what it is I'll have to look it up. The best should you should send is that he has considerable body order you should do something about it. However, make it seem like it is coming from Student in a different class then the one that you to share. Since you are taking a lab class, you are likely getting a stem degree which means he is also likely taking a math class or some science class in his major that you would know but that you are not taking.

Most Helpful Girl

• "I think you need to try a stronger anti-perspirant," is a good way to gently tell them that they smell.

What Guys Said 12

• Ask them what deodorant their wearing. Either tell them it's not working or to use some.

Would you want to know if you stink?

• there's nothing kind about this situation... it will either come out awkward or not

Try and minimize being awkward about it...
    tell him he's too sexy not to smell good 😋 but then he might wanna take you out 😌

• just gift him one and say that i will love it if u wear this daily

• Most people are not aware of their own odor. So just say privately and quietly "hey smelling a bit ripe today, need some deodorant?" and laugh it off as we all do at times no biggy.
    the key is not to embarrass them around anyone else.

• I had a lab partner with bad breath and I wrote it down in the notebook (not the logbook lol) for him to read so the other people didn't hear.

• Tell them you think they could use deo:
    "hey I don't mean to embarrass you or anything but you have quite a strong body odour, do you currently use deo?"

Whether it's a yes or a no. Just say "I know this deo *insert deo name" you could give it a try, I heard it really helps."

You're being constructive and helpful that way. And it's not patronising. (Some people shower and use deo and still stink, really can't help it)

• You should buy him one and tell him it's a gift and that it would make you happy if he did

• Tell him, "Hey, you kinda stink. Mind putting on some deodorant in the mornings?

• Offer some deodorant discreetly.

• just say it, people need to not be so sensitive

• There is really no kind wa to say that, just have to try and be as kind as you can i guess.

• Get their address and mail it to them. I did this one time for a guy who had bad breath, he owned a used book store, and I mailed him some mints.

What Girls Said 4

• buy him one... that smells reallllly good like "old spice".. and say you were at the store and thought it smelled really good, so you bought it for him... Then, maybe he'll wear it.

• Or maybe he'll think she has a crush on him 😝

• @Glue-Sniffer D: hahahahaa omg! I didn't realize... I really thought i read she said it was her boyfriend hahahaa xD ... I can imagine her getting to class and giving him a deodorant and saying that stuff haahaaha it's too funny :D! okay... no don't do that!!! he will think you have the hotts for him D:

take a spray bottle instead of a nicely scented flower or something and spray it all around him... he'll get the point... :D! ;p!

• be like wth is this smell... is it you? lol jk
    but... I don't know if he's sensitive he'll get hurt either way you put it

• My mom was like dang girl u stank and I was like well damn and then I started wearing deodorant.

Just tell him he stank like a 2 month old used diaper.

• Have you heard about this bramd new invention called deodorant? You should definitely give it a try...