Do you think Christianity is inherently bad?

As in, the ideas within the Bible created negative repercussions amongst the world.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• The longer I think about it, the more I think the bible is highly wrong interpreted. Maybe the bible was just a book full with moral stories and not to be taken seriously. Like the animal stories from La Fonteine. Maybe Jesus wasn't even a real person but just a fictional character who wanted to teach things to people.
    A lot of people can deny it but religion is something human. A world without religion is simply not possible. People will question their existence anyway, no matter if everything is scientifically proven.
    Then why are there atheists? Well, it's because some people can live without the idea of safety that someone is guarding over them and some people can't. That's just the diversity of the human being.
    This by the way comes from a full atheist.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. It's done more good than any bad that has stemmed from it's existence

• Catholicism is a denomination of christIanty. Just like Baptist, Presbyterian etc. Their religious book is the bible.
      As far as slaves , nukes, and the holocaust. That just proves the point that Christians have been responsible for some of the most horrific acts known to man. So they are no more moral than anyone else. And definitely haven't done more good than bad. Also if you are going to come back and try and convince me that catholic aren't Christians. I'm done with this conversation

• @cjmtherfcker

I'm done with the conversation now.
      If we already disagree on a fundamental point such as Catholicism's relation to Christianity, then we will inevitably just go in circles. So I'll part ways respectfully with you here.

What Girls Said 9

• No religion is bad.

• Eh... I wouldn't go that far. Aztec Mythology was certainly bad/evil in many ways.

• All religions have bad and good things associated with them. So there is no yes or no answer to this question.

• I think most religions are made to control
    The masses in some way or another.

Look at Christianity it want you to be a sheep
    So I guess yes it is bad, also did you read all the fucked up stuff in the bible?

• No. I don't think that Christianity is inherently bad, neither Islam, nor Judaism.

• By thinking one religion is bad, you accept that they are all bad.

• That's complete nonsense. They are not mutually inclusive.

• @TheSpartan you fail to understand me. If any religion is evil, then humanity must be evil for religion was created by humanity.

• No, because you presume that all if humans must be evil in order in order for a single religion to be evil. Evil religions can be founded by evil people alone.

• No. As a Muslim I believe that Christianity was also a divine religion and Jesus is also a messenger of God so I voted for B.

• some might have. but there are a lot of good things in it as well

• Nothing wrong with religions. Lots of wrong with people.

• "Love your neighbor as yourself." is the second most important tenet of Chrtianity (behind loving God).

So, no.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't think that any religion is inherently "bad". It's about the people and the society in which they exist. Christianity is responsible for organizations like the Red Cross, tens of thousands of private schools worldwide, and hundreds of hospitals. People often forget that. When Christianity was at its worst, however, it was responsible for the witch trials, political interference and social oppression. So it's all about the society in which the religion is.

• Nah but I think people can use it for nefarious purposes. I think all religion when it gets mixed with government is bad. That's not unique to Christianity though. It's just a clear observation from reading about history.

• I don't thing any religion created negative repercussions amongst the world. It's things like corruption, greed, elitist mentalities, and ruthlessness that cause most of the worlds problems.

• What about the devision it creates? Making people choose sides and thinking all other sides are wrong

• I completely agree with you on people using excuses to kill each other. But you can't deny religion is one of them. The crusades and inquisition are prime examples. Lets bit leave out the Muslim conquest

• Yes that is true a lot of people use religion as a way to promote violence and etc.. As for the Bible most of the ideals of cultist are those who misinterpret scriptures. Christianity really isn't that bad.

• No idea in and of itself can ever be bad - the people who abide by the idea can be though.

• So it only becomes bad when you act on the fucked up idea? Sorry I don't believe in absolutes. There are plenty of bad ideas

• Are you the same guy? 😂 😂 😂

• No, but this is in response to the Islam question- if we are thinking of the same thing.

• Ahaa I see well my answer is no

• Hmmm a system where if we don't believe in something we not only die but suffer for eternity? Yeah that sounds pretty fucked up.

• I did not study all of the bible to tell u my opinion, but i think that u can not be sure find it by yourself, start to read it and read explanations of verses

• Only fools would say such a thing.

• I suppose you're going to tell me now that reading the Grimm Brothers' fairy tales to children is going to inspire them to grow up to become serial killers?

• It's the followers and not the religions.

• Is Christianity bad, no. Man's corruption of Christianity is.

• Good and bad is relative

• Religion and other such hateful ideologies should be abolished.

• I think religious institutions are inherently bad. And their tools of propaganda are too.

Religion and spirituality in the strictly private sphere can be good.