Why do people say Jesus was real?

Is it not obvious that he was merely a fictional character?

0|1
7|15

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they want to believe their religion they had been taught for many many years and all the habits that were forced on them are valid and true.

0|4
    1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha this was a way to piss off the Christians on here.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 14

• It has been proven that Jesus was real, but whether or not you believe he was supernatural is up to you. I personality do not believe that he was supernatural.

1|4
    1|1
    • It hasn't my friend. Bible isn't evidence. Don't give me that shit about historians. Not even one mentioned Jesus. I've read many historians of that century. Still can't find someone that mentioned Jesus.

• @HighlanderTheOne
      Indeed, not a single 1st century manuscript or inscription mentioning Jesus or Yoshua was found.
      A few later manuscripts or copies are clearly falsified.

• The Bible is not the evidence I am referring to. Also, I meant to say "Personally do not believe he was supernatural." I would love to debate this with you, but when us atheist get into religion we are automatically labelled as the bad guys.

• 0|1
    0|0
  • there's 5000 direct references to events mentioned in the new testament.
    Jesus is in fact by most historicians considered to be an actual person. Wether the biblical presentation if him is true however, is up for debate.

So that Jesus as a historical person is real is more or less accepted, but that the bible is 100% acurate about him is up for debate.

0|1
    0|0
  • Who says he was fictional. It's scholars and ignorant people who put a supernatural spin on the story down the ages. You ever read the bible and understood it? It's a code of conduct for the human condition. You're like a high powered racecar with a cryptic instruction manual on how to use yourself properly. Most people are too stupid to ever get themselves out of idle but some understand the teachings and have got themselves up to cruising speed. There's a conflict between a pure heart and the corruption of the world. The world makes you weak. I think a person who fully embraces what's in there and turns their back on the temptations of the world can have the power to crack the world in half on a whim. We're all powerful I think but we're misused. There's been incidents in history of people doing unbelievable things. Broad is the path and easy is the way to damnation. That's a path most of us choose to walk because we dont have the will and determination to walk the straight and narrow. People even choose not to believe in anything at all. It appeals to their lazy nature. No standard no expectations

0|0
    0|0
  • Because there is SOME historical evidence that there was a Joshua Ben Joseph, a Nazarene who might have been executed by Pilot (he's mentioned by Tacitus as an example ) and there are contemporary accounts of his existence. Also lack of evidence does not disprove anything, so with some evidence there is reason to believe that he existed.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is no argument that Jesus himself wasn't real. You can ask any historian, and they will tell you that Jesus as an actual man was real. The debate lies within weather or not he is the Son of God like many believe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure there're historical records saying a bloke called Jesus did in fact exist, whether or not he was a street magician or a magic man is up to debate Madam Edgemeister.
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

0|0
    0|0
  • There is not real proof he was not real. The Jesus myth relies on many historian of the "day". Which all but Josephus would have cared about the the Jewish civilization enough to comment which he did.

0|1
    0|2
  • It was convenient for the Church to control people using him, so they kept doing it.

0|0
    0|0
  • History shows that he did actually live. Why do so many people believe say that he did not. Weather he was a savoir can be up for debate but not if he lived or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is real.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    1|0
  • He was very real. He was of the family of David, and in his day he was the "King" to his brother Jacob's "High Priest". This is why the Romans made him wear a crown proclaiming him "The King of the Jews". Whether you want to believe He was the Son of God or not, that has nothing to do with the fact he was very much real as a person. In fact, the Knights Templar, when excavating the Temple of Solomon (where the Dome of the Rock is today), found many records of this, along with the records of many other important Jews of his day, of prior days, and of subsequent days leading up to the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD. Josephus documented that many of his followers moved to Provence in France after the Crucifixion.

1|0
    1|1
  • No, almost all historians accept that there was a preacher named Jesus shortly after the end of the Roman Republic ended. Whether you believe the miracles is up to you.

0|2
    1|0
    • While yes the guy was real, the proper pronounciation is closer to Yeshua

What Girls Said 6

• yes

and they would let such an important religion go on for all these years, with the representativity that it has among people and with Vatican and all if they didn't provide solid proof that at least Jesus existed.

If he was God's son or not... u can argue that

But saying that there is no proof that he existed is just ludicrous

U know that the place where u got ur information also counts and internet is by no means a reliable source.

0|0
    1|0
  • I hate when ppls say that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it seems he may have been a real person. I in no way believe he is the son of a deity, but he may have existed. It isn't that hard to believe since he is mentioned in many old texts.

0|0
    0|0
  • What evidence do you have?

0|0
    0|1
  • That's just your opinion hun.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea, right.

• Show All
    • I'm not disrespectful to you and your opinion, girl.

• Ok, so then what was the "hahaha u poor thing." About?

• just like some believe in evolution (even tho nobody actually watched a monkey transform into a human) we religious people believe in jesus.

0|0
    1|0