I'm turning 17 on Halloween and still haven't had sex?

This is really bothering me. I'm a senior in HS, and I'm still a virgin. I lied to my cloest friends when they asked, and told them I've had sex due to the shame.

When I was 15, I started modeling for Sutherland (a modeling agency where I'm from). So, I hope I'm not ugly?

It just makes me feel really behind.. and a lot uglier. Can someone give me advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop giving it importance, cause it has none. The more importance you give to it, the more chances of committing a mistake like losing it to the first guy that calls you pretty, then get tossed aside and feel like crap.
    You just haven't had sex, so? I haven't driven a car. I'm a car-virgin. Your virginity doesn't define who you are, it just means that you haven't had sex, just like many other people that haven't had their first experience with other stuff, but for whatever reason we give this big importance to sex, when it shouldn't be that important. We put it on a pedestal, when it shouldn't be there.

I know how you feel though, before I lost it at 16, I also lied to some people telling them I wasn't a virgin, even when those people were virgins too. When I lost it I was like "this is it?" I thought I was gonna change as a person, become more mature, more adult. Bullshit, nothing happens.

Seriously, stop worrying, cause there's nothing to worry about.

Most Helpful Girl

• I lost my virginity at 20. A lot of my friends are still virgins. There's nothing wrong with it, and it doesn't mean you're ugly or anything like that. Sexual experience isn't an important judge of who you are... it happens at different times for everyone.

What Guys Said 16

• Thank you media for making it seem like it's a cool or a necessity to have sex at a young age.

Listen young lady, do not rush into it. Wait until you find someone you LOVE, not LUST. Sex at a young age brings so many emotions into your life at a young age. Even worse, there's risks such as pregnancy, STDs, etc. I doubt you know everything about sex.

There's more to life than having sex. If people are judging you for not having sex yet, fuck 'em. They do not need to be in your life. If people are having sex but you aren't , don't feel bad. There are guys out there who will appreciate you for waiting. And there are people out there that won't make fun of you for waiting.

• Its not a huge deal, you're still young and there's plenty of time. As far as you being ugly, supposedly the most attractive girls often have the least casual sex.
    www.hookingupsmart.com/.../

• Well your body will tell you when you are ready for that moment, not your mind.. so I would not fret to much over it.. the experience will be that much better when you are fully ready.. lots in this world never had it early.. they waited till way later in life.. never feel like you are left behind.. you will be stronger for it when that day comes and way further ahead

• I think virginity is far too overthought. You should "give it up" when you decide that the guy (or girl) you truly care for in your life is worth having sex with.

• Eh nobody really cares if a girl is a virgin or not. Unless they're a girl and insecure enough that they have to find anything they can to lord over people.

Have you ever considered others are lying as well?

• Keep lying to them.

There's no hurry. I'm sure you're not ugly.

• Don't worry about it, even Barney Stinson (How i met your mother) only had sex when he was 25 (he ended up banging nearly 300 girls)

• A LOT of people haven't even had their first kiss until your age, so I think you're fine.

• It's better to wait until you're out of high school, trust me.

• Don't worry about it, I'm 18 in like 2 weeks and I'm still a virgin. You shouldn't worry about it, it will happen when the time is right.

• So dress up sexy on Halloween and get laid. Duh.

• It's completely normal to be a virgin at 17. There is absolutely nothing weird about that. A lot of people are. Even some of those who say they aren't are (just like you...). I really don't think this is something you should worry about at all.

• Don't be ashamed. Its better to give your virginity to someone you love than just handing it away

• What's the rush? Do girls really care about sex like that ?

• what an era we live in. a 17 y. o. kid is ashamed of her virginity... .

• i'm here for u baby ;)

What Girls Said 14

• Honey, I'm a virgin too and It isn't weird or anything. You just haven't found the one you're supposed to lose it too. Lose it someone you like and won't just use you to get in your pants.

• It dosnt matter if you are a virgin or not and people who rush it to fit in are stupid... i can guarantee that there's a lot more virgins than you think, besides do you really want to be a slut and hav sex just to say you have done it... nobody really cares anyways... and if your friends are acting like that towards you or would if they knew u were a virgin you need new friends... it sounds like your friends are really immature like 12 yearolds... just dont talk about it like who the fuck brags about sex anyways... its immature as hell.. just be yourself and you dont have to tell them anything either im sure you are beautiful thats also irellavant, trust me you dont want to date a fuckboy and you dont want to be a slut (i had a friend who used to have this problem with her other friends )

• You're 17.
    17.
    That's no big deal at your age.
    In fact, you've probably saved yourself a lot of trouble.

• I'll never understand why people care. I'm 19. Still a virgin. An experienced virgin but still one nonetheless. I'll be 20 next fall. And I'll probably still be a virgin then.
    It doesn't matter

• You don't have to have sex at 17. Relax.

• You're still young so don't be in a rush. It will happen when it happens and it's better you wait to lose it to someone special like a boyfriend who you really care about than some random hook up.

• This is so stupid. Why are teens so obsessed with losing their virginity. It's a good thing that you're a virgin stop complaining about it.

• Don't worry about that. You're still too young.

• if you feel pressured to have sex because of your friends than maybe you need new people in your life.
    im 21 and never even seen a dick in real life and im happy with that.

• Here's my story:

I was in your position (a long time ago) and I rushed to get it over with after my crush started dating someone else. It just seemed like nothing worked out and I felt really childish and unwanted. So I hooked up with a guy whose only connection was that his locker had been near mine and we talked between classes. I didn't even find him attractive, I just went for it in a moment of feeling unattractive and left out.

While I don't live with regrets about much at all, it was a really unpleasant experience. I wasn't excited at all and it was painful and awkward. And I realized it wasn't that big of deal having had sex. It didn't change me in any way. At the same time, I realized that having a partner you're enthusiastic about and feel connected to is really important - much more than a checklist of "shoulds"

• There is no need in rushing to have sex. You're only 17 and have yet to actually live your life.

• lol girl I just turned 18 and i haven't even been kissed

• That good. I don't know why you'd be ashamed of that. I'm 19 and a virgin, I wouldn't worry

• I know 17, 18, and 19 year old virgins. They're attractive people too. I lost mine close to 17.