Do you believe in evolution?

Do you believe in evolution?

And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. There is an incredible amount of evidence to support evolution, and no substantial evidence otherwise.

And, before any religious people get their panties in a bunch, evolution doesn't preclude or disprove religion - in essence, science and religion use different languages (and different perspectives) to explain the same thing. Note that nearly all of the noted scientists who are known for tremendous breakthroughs were religious men who were seeking "God's Truth" through science, and few if any believed that their "discoveries" went against God - they simply saw science as better understanding God's work.

What Guys Said 24

• Whether you believe it or not it makes no difference since it's a fact. That's the beauty of science.

• Of course I do: it's proven fact.
    Only religious hardliners deny it:
    www.independent.co.uk/.../...-a-magic-9822514.html

ncse.com/.../mainline-protestant-clergy-evolution

• Of course I do. The theory of evolution is more firmly established than the theory of gravity. Still 46% of Americans don't believe in evolution.

This is a link from someone who believes in a higher power and is a Christian.
    www.godofevolution.com/.../

• I never used to but I changed my mind when I took an objective look at it. Yes, because the evidence is overwhelming and there is no alternative theory with convincing evidence.
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch
    www.youtube.com/watch

• Look at the iguana on the galapagos. Only ones in the world who evolved gills to live off seaweed. Look at guppie fish and how they balance mating and avoiding predators by evolving in or out their bright patterns. It's the organisms environment that effects its evolution. There's countless examples. Look at all the different varieties of finches in the galapagos. They've evolved different colours and beaks depending on which island they are from and which food source they rely on. They all have one common ancestor though. Evolution is even at work in you and me but there's a generation time of at least 20 years in humans and the changes take millenia so we'll never see any profound changes in our short lifespans

• Yes I believe in evolution (aka changes of biological and physical beings in relation of time and other circumstances.)

• It's not so much that I believe it, because that's like saying, "I believe grass is green," than me just knowing that it is the most plausible answer to the questions of the functions of life.

• Of course, evolution is a proven fact.

• Obviously. And it doesn't even disprove anything about religion. Evolution is very evident in things such as the fossil record.

• I'm not sure what I believe in anymore

• Micro-evolution? Yes

Macro-evolution? No

• This is what I meant.
      Micro evolution = the actual science of evolution that can be tested and proven.

Macro Evolution = the religious form of evolution, because it cannot be tested or proven therefore requiring faith. Like a religion.

• @Kirah Haha wow, evolution and the big bang stick together. That is what we have learned in school and that is what every atheist scientist says. You can't choose one without the other, now who is the one that looks stupid? I choose to believe in neither, based on my religion and the research I have done on my own. You can choose to believe what you want, but you can't separate evolution from the origins of life.

• @ThatGuy98 Evolution and the Big Bang do not stick together. At all. It just happens that Atheists tend to believe in both the Big Bang and Evolution, but they are not related in the slightest.

The origin of life is Abiogenesis as mentioned before, which is not related to Evolution at all.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Bring sources to back yourself up, or shut up.

• Yes, it's undeniable fact. Anyone who still denies Evolution in 2015 is a moron, enough said.

• I don't believe it, I know that it happened, Its a fact that doesn't require belief

• After how far we've gotten? yes

• Brace yourselves, the proof-ignoring creationists are coming!

• I believe in the science of evolution, but not the religious evolution.

• Do you believe in gravity?

• No , why? No proof

• I suggest you do some reading. There's an inconceivable amount of data out there that supports evolution.

• @Omar5881 THEORY of gravity. Does this mean gravity is not real either? Grow up. Throw away your book of murder and war.

• @djvtech @maverickj @kirah 😂😂😂😂 u people are easy to play with all I said THE THEORY of evolution cox he said evolution only , but it is called the theory of evolution, and hey I lack knowledge cox I don't follow u blindly? Where's the liberty of speech my western civilised fellaw? 😛

• I'm Catholic, and I believe it to a degree

• I'm religious, but i do know evolution happens in nature. Not to that degree.

• I believe in Evolution but I don't believe humans and apes evolved from the same ancestor.

- Muslim.

• Yes of course.

• Seeing how us humans were able to adapt to different environments makes me believe it is highly likely.

• Yes. Because there's actually significant evidence for it -- Mitochondrial DNA alone would prove the Theory of Evolution as true, but there's other compelling evidence too.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I do.

• There is no such thing as "believing" in Evolution, because Evolution has been harshly proven true, time and time again.

Many people who don't believe Evolution is true have really flimsy arguments, such as "Goddidit", or they confuse the theory of Evolution with Abiogenesis or the Big Bang. They also often think religious people *must* oppose Evolution, which is also false.

I also hear "hurr micro-evolution is true but macro-evolution isn't!" often, which is downright ridiculous:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_tree_frog
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cope%27s_gray_tree_frog

One species that has clearly turned into another.

• Do I believe in evolution?

Yes, I believe evolution is a thing that happened.

Do I believe we all spawned from random particles combining in a giant bang? No.

• "Do I believe we all spawned from random particles combining in a giant bang? No."

Good thing that's not related to Evolution, then. Why bring it up, anyway?

• They tend to go hand in hand. People who argue in favor of evolution tend to also argue that creationism isn't a thing.

• @Prettygurl12 probably because these people both adhere to science. Creationism is not scientific, because it's unfalsifiable. It literally cannot be proven wrong, but that also means that it's literally a meaningless hypothesis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

• Depends on what you mean by evolution. Do I believe in natural selection? Do I believe species adapt and exhibit changes over time? Of course. There are observable examples of this. Do I believe we all evolved from the same single cell organisms? I don't know. To make that jump requires a great deal of faith.

• I don't believe in evolution, I acknowledge it as fact😊

• Yeah, I do.

• No, I did not come from monkeys.