Atheists, where do you believe happens when we die?

That's seems sad

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing, you die and sieze to exist just like before you were born.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• I think its impossible to know for sure.

I think its most likely that I just stop existing and it goes back to the way it was before I was born, nothingness.

However I also believe it possible that my consciousness could continue in another realm of existence. I am no a scientist by any stretch of the imagination but I think there have been some theories proposed by quantum physicists that support the (possibility) of a continuation of consciousness after death.

So I just accept that I dont know what happens and won't find out until I die :/

• That's it. All there is to it. The end.

• The cessations of all thought and feeling just like when an ant or a sloth dies.

Is it sad? Sure but I can't just believe in something just because it feels good. It would need to be incredibly convincing too.

• Like a computer without hard disk when I click 'shut down' or when I pull the plug. The system stops working, RAM memory loses what's in it, the screen goes black. (and the system starts decaying).
    No light, no sound, no more feedback.

• We rot in the ground until there's nothing left of our existence but our old bones.

• Your body decompose where other life forms benefit from your chemical elements just as much as I benefited from them when I was still living.

• When you die, your brain shuts down, you stop perceiving things, and that's it.

• you just rot in the ground, or you ashes get spread somewhere if you are cremated

• Think about all that time before you were born. Same thing after you're dead.

• Uh, not an atheist here but I just wanted to correct you, the sentence where do you believe happens when you die should be what do you believe happens when you die.
    Yes it does seem sad though

• Of course I have no way of knowing. But I personally think it's like going to sleep. But never waking up.

• Our hearts stop beating.

• You rot into the ground, BUT if you reproduced before you die... Your genetics lived on and you survived death to a new generation...

• We cease to exist.

It's our sad truth

God I hope God exists

• So far, I'm convinced nothing happens.

• You die... poof thats all

• Your body decomposes, and life is over.

That's pretty much it.

• nothing. why does it matter?

• We decompose back into the elements from which we came. That's why so many people are religious -- because death is scary.

Watch this:

https://youtu.be/K2wp5Qe3JV0

• Our bodies decay and the atoms and sub-atomic particles eventually become part of a different substance.

What Girls Said 9

• Okay, so "where do you believe happens when you die" isn't a proper question, but I believe you're asking where I think I'm going to "go" when I die.

The answer is: nowhere. I don't believe in an afterlife. I'll just be dead. That will be the end of the consciousness that was me.

• Just nothing. You die and don't exist anymore. Just like before you were born. Ofcourse it sounds scary but life isn't as rose coloured as some things seem it to be.

• I'd like to believe in reincarnation but I'm ok with eternal darkness and peace too.

• Life goes on.

• Have you ever talked to anyone that died and then got brought back to life?

I think if you're going to be buried you just rot away, which is why i'd like to be cremated and thrown into the ocean so i can not be a maggots lunch.

• I don't know, perhaps reincrnation...

• I would like to think there is a paradox out there, not necessarily a heaven but somewhere you would still exist.

• I want to believe in the afterlife but to be honest, it's just a hope, I really don't see it happening.

• We're either buried or cremated.