What's your IQ range? How to improve it?

Mine is 108 and I wish it was higher, like 120 or something lol, sadly I wasn't gifted with a great brain XD

I wanna know if it's possible going from 108 to 120, I also would like to know way to improve it.
I'm trying with games but I found that they're not very helpful when it comes to improvement. It's just a way to excersize your brain. I want real way to improve it.

thanks guys!

Ways to*

Fucking gag, seriously, let us edit this shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• IQ test are 'Questionable' at best, as they measure your ability to respond to 'tests', which some people have issues with.
    I tried several online 'IQ' tests, and I scored from a low of 143, to a high of 178, depending on the site!! These results, alone, to me, with my 'science mind' make the results IRRELEVENT!! If my scores were within a few points, over all the sites, it could be more credible!!
    I took a written IQ test my Freshman year in college, as part of a 'Career-Development' course, and my score was 153, 'Exceptionally Gifted', but I don't think that is right! I ain't dat smart!! :)
    "Genius is seeing what is not there"--Einstein
    You can learn something from anyone, anywhere!! Forget the 'IQ' BS, and just read books, ask questions, and try things!! THAT is A GENIUS!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I was only professionally tested once when I was 14 and I remember it had been a very big deal for everyone involved lol. The result was 128. I was even supposed to join this Mensa organisation but failed that test so.. Meh, here I am, not a second Einstein but happy ✌no idea how you can make your IQ go up if you're already older, I think childhood and nurture is what has the biggest impact on it but you can just stay curious and never stop learning new things, that won't necessarily make you more intelligent but definitely smarter ;)

• Oh and please never take any online tests on this 😂😝 they are really just thought for entertainment but nothing more and they're certainly not reliable

• Yeah, true haha I'll make a real iq test as soon as possible

• That's definitely the way to go 👍

What Guys Said 21

• Defining intelligence is very difficult with a lot of opinion involved. Measuring it with any accuracy is even more difficult. Online IQ tests aren't dependable because they can't be controlled. Professionally controlled tests do have some meaning, but they are limited.

You can increase your intelligence by exercising the brain. If you want a higher score, you exercise the parts of the brain specific to that type of thinking. It's the same as exercising muscles. Get good exercise and they get stronger. Don't get exercise and they get weaker. This is why a lot of older people intentionally do activities to exercise their brain. It helps to minimize the natural decrease in memory and cognizance that comes with age. It works at any age, I was just using that as an example.

Do things like reading, especially non-fiction. Throw away the damn calculator. Those things make you stupid. Do math in your head instead. Work spacial puzzles. Play musical instruments and study language. Stay healthy. Get physical exercise. Your brain needs blood and oxygen, lots of it, so keep the cardio healthy. Don't spend too much time on mind numbing activities like staring at stupid TV shows, playing games, etc. Just use the brain, and use it for as wide a variety as possible.

Learn to use what intelligence you have. One of the least intelligent people I've known in my life was also the first of my friends to become a millionaire. His IQ was probably no more than 75-80. In high school he was 25th from the bottom in a class of over 700. At 56 his vocabulary is like an 8th grader at most. But he had a natural knack for understanding people, knowing what they wanted, and apply it to starting a business and got rich from it.

• I scored something like 110 when I was around your age and took the (online) test. Took it later in my early 20s and got like 129 or something. I took it not long ago and got 140.

IQ tests are the biggest load of bullshit. Human consciousness and awareness is far too variable, and this *must* affect intelligence. I could probably ejaculate and get 20 points lower just from that. Personally I'm an advocate of meditation, as a means of stopping the overall rot of the human being into maturity and adulthood.

• HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 😂😂😂😂

Omg, I'll keep that in mind

• IQ tests are NOT bullshit. They might not be perfect measures of intelligence, but they're the best we've got.

• Obviously I'm speaking somewhat rhetorically. @TheSpartan It's like people saying BMI is bullshit, which is not strictly true. They're just a basic guide. But I'd be wary of people who take them overly seriously.

• 144, but iq is more of a measurement of how quickly
    you memorize and learn, rather than actual knowledge.

There's not realyl a way to improve it, directly.. though through
    exercise, you keep a good flow of oxygen flowing to your brain
    giving you an easier time learning, and processing information.

• Those silly facebook IQ "tests" are off I think. But I got 109 once on them, when 100 was the average apparently. Who knows! I did graduate with two bachelor degrees on academic scholarship tho 😎 So at least I have some brain cells working in there apparently!!

• You smarty pants!! XD

Yeah, those are off, they don't work 😂😂

• ABout improving, I think a lot of it has to do with your parents, but working hard at school is critical, practicing math and logic problems, improving reading speed & comprehension, etc.

• Thanks a lot, I'll try that!

• I can't really say for certain. I never took a formal IQ test, but I did received a 31 on my ACTs the first time and a 36 on my second try. I know that obviously makes me smart, but if I had to guess based on those scores, I'd say between 140-160 somewhere.

• There are essentially no decent online IQ tests. Bite the bullet, and pay for a real one. My parents got a real one for me when I was about 7 or 8, and I scored 160 or so.(They don't remember exactly, but they know it was in the 160s, as was my father's.)

• do a lot of reading and puzzles. really with anything you do in life, always choose the hard/difficult way where possible. its all about challenging your brains. do maths for fun. all the things you learned in school, do research about them and discover more details. easy nowadays with wikipedia. you dont become smarter over night, its a long process, but all these little things really do add to it

• You can't really improve it, it's a measure of how gifted you are. As you said, there are ways to practice and make your brain work better though.

• I don't know, haven't done a serious IQ test for ages... last time was in high school or so lol.
    only some of those stupid short online tests later but those aren't really accurate

• I took an IQ test a month ago or so and I got 143.
    I guess you can stimulate your brain to increase your IQ but I don't know exactly how.

Here's the screen cap: pbs.twimg.com/media/CSLgbbiW0AAwQfu.png:large

• I never gave an IQ Test where can I give it, I will post the result

• I forgot what I got, I took like a 10 question quiz, i got like 9/10 right

• 128 If i remember correctly.

And an easy way to improve it is just lie about it :)

And you were gifted with a very great brain, and everything else... So smile!

• Just drink lots that's the best way to get rid of problems, troubles etc. It's fine

• Well 108 is well above average. Average is 90

• It's 100 from what I've heard

• I didn't know that, thanks a lot for the info!

Yeah, the age is a very important factor

• 85 is average.

• I did one when I was like 5 years old and it was 110. Haven't done one in a while.

• I took one for the gifted program in school and I was somewhere between 130-140.

• probably like 140 because im smart

• It doesn't matter, you won't get smarter by studying for a test that is meant to be taken blind to show how smart you are. You'll just get better at the test to try and boost your ego.

• Don't be a bitch 😂😂😂

This is not about boosting my ego, it's about being smarter and learn more things to grow as a person.

• So why not get smarter and not try to game a test that's meant to be taken blind? Take up a useful hobby like a sport or learn more about cars etc. You will not get smarter, people are born smart or dumb, it is too late to become more intelligent. You can however become very, very knowledgable if you just try, and being knowledgable is more important in most cases anyways.

If you want to learn more things, learn more things don't look at a random test score, go out and do stuff.

• 150. I'm not proud of it but I'm not going to hide it either.

• Having a high iq for the purpose of having a high iq is pointless. You'd be better off focusing your intelligence on a singular goal. Or perhaps many different academic fields if you think you're smart enought to handel it. I have no idea what my iq is but I'm more than confident that I'm smarter then the average person in terms of shear academic prowess

• Improving your iq means getting smarter...

My goal is obviously being smarter.

I'm learning languages, they say it helps to improve, but I wanna know more ways.

• Yes but I'd rather have a mind that's really good in one field and is able to accomplish something great then a mind thats ok overall but doesn't accomplish anything. If you really want to be smarter read philosophy. It'll cause you to open up tonnew ideas that challenge dogmastic fundamentals, such as the idea of right and wrong. Aristotle once said , it is thesign of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it"

• Thanks a lot for your advices!

I'll read more about it

What Girls Said 9

• I saw someone posted a free IQ test. I tried the test and got 124 IQ. Makes me feel a little better about myself but still not sure how trustworthy that would be, lol. Since I have a learning disability learning anything isn't that easy for me majority of the time. So even if it says i did 124 on the act I did a shitty job on it. Though I wasn't on medication for my disability at the time. Still I have a hard time believing it since I suck in school so badly. :(

There are ways to improve your brain. Just need to do brain teasers, learn new things, Learn more skills, etc.

• I've taken one, I got second highest in the class. I can't remember the exact number.

I would say, take more critical thinking tests and train that skill.

• I've heard that meditation helps to increase your IQ level. 😶
    I don't know how true this is, but it won't hurt trying. 😅

• I made a test last year and I've been told that I was 140. I think it doesn't mean anything cause I don't consider myself as smarter than people who are 110.

• Actually I don't have a clue what my IQ is :'D

Hey Amy, could you message me? :)

• Read a lot. I'm not sure if it would raise IQ but it will increase your vocabulary and make you sound smarter!

• I'm glad to know the majority of gag users are above average intelligence. Like most of people who answered say they're far above average... hmm

Never taken a test

• My IQ is 144, I think you can improve it by going on websites like lumosity. com, and start thinking more often and be more positive? There are articles online that can tell you how

• 126 is mine