I want to have an private animal rescue for about 10 dogs on my property, several pet dogs, several pet cats, a few chickens for eggs, a cow for milk, and any other rescues I picked up along the way ex) rescue horses.
Would you be able to date someone who basically lived on a farm?
How many are too many?
- No pets14% (7)4% (2)9% (9)Vote
- 1 pet6% (3)26% (13)16% (16)Vote
- 3 or less20% (10)24% (12)22% (22)Vote
- 5 or less0% (0)4% (2)2% (2)Vote
- 5 or more but less than 106% (3)2% (1)4% (4)Vote
- My deal breaker is certain species ex) pet snake8% (4)8% (4)8% (8)Vote
- I love animals, and as long as we could take care of them, I wouldn't care.46% (24)32% (16)39% (40)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I can date a woman with pets.
But I can't lie, I don't want to be responsible for taking care of them in any way (outsides of feeding fish). That's her job.
I know for a fact I don't want to take on the unnecessarily responsibility of a high-need pet like a dog or cat. Me being in a relationship isn't going to change that!2
Most Helpful Girl
All the animals.
My boyfriend has basically just started saying, "No," when I tell him about an animal.
I'm all about it. I own horses now and my boyfriend is like, "We're not having horses," and I'm like, "Oh, my dear boy, you are so mistaken," haha
It's a genuine concern for men who choose to marry women in my family that we will bring home animals. My mom has been known to just bring home horses and be like, "Ta-da!"
And my dad's just like, "Wha- what is this?"
And she's like, "Ed (my dad), this is [enter horse's name] and he lives here now!" And then she just marches the horse into the barn and puts it in the pasture.
I'm afraid I may have the same affliction hahahahahaha :D1