Who you date someone with a lot of pets?

I want to have an private animal rescue for about 10 dogs on my property, several pet dogs, several pet cats, a few chickens for eggs, a cow for milk, and any other rescues I picked up along the way ex) rescue horses.

Would you be able to date someone who basically lived on a farm?

How many are too many?

• No pets
  • 1 pet
  • 3 or less
  • 5 or less
  • 5 or more but less than 10
  • My deal breaker is certain species ex) pet snake
  • I love animals, and as long as we could take care of them, I wouldn't care.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can date a woman with pets.

But I can't lie, I don't want to be responsible for taking care of them in any way (outsides of feeding fish). That's her job.

I know for a fact I don't want to take on the unnecessarily responsibility of a high-need pet like a dog or cat. Me being in a relationship isn't going to change that!

Most Helpful Girl

• All the animals.

My boyfriend has basically just started saying, "No," when I tell him about an animal.

I'm all about it. I own horses now and my boyfriend is like, "We're not having horses," and I'm like, "Oh, my dear boy, you are so mistaken," haha

It's a genuine concern for men who choose to marry women in my family that we will bring home animals. My mom has been known to just bring home horses and be like, "Ta-da!"

And my dad's just like, "Wha- what is this?"

And she's like, "Ed (my dad), this is [enter horse's name] and he lives here now!" And then she just marches the horse into the barn and puts it in the pasture.

I'm afraid I may have the same affliction hahahahahaha :D

• Haha, oh my goodness, you're mom sounds like a blast.

What Guys Said 10

• Depends on job security, if you took care of them, and had a clean living area, if we had things in common... sure.

I'm severely allergic to dogs, cats, birds (feathers) and horses, though, so it probably wouldn't get far.

Reptiles, yes. I could easily date a girl who had those (as long as I wouldn't have to handle the snakes or gators myself. :)

• ohhhh so you are going to be a crazy cat lady when you grow up?
    Anyways, I would prefer 3 animals or less, growing up i had about 13 on my property and it was a chore... just 3 is fine:)

• I would date anyone who had less than 10 pets

• If you bring an insect in, I'll be out before both feet are in the front door.

• I like animals but if they have like 4-5+... it's like too many.

• I knew someone who had a ton of cats and birds. It was a noisy, smelly place! I don't think I'd be able to put up with it long term.

• Yea, I love animals. But I've always found birds not worth the trouble and noise.

• One of them could talk and was a real smartass too. A grumpy old man in bird form.

• 3 or less pets is really my limit.. They're cool and everything though lol

• Yes, I love pets, but only small animals.

• So we would be living on a ranch? I'd be down after 30

• Too much life in the city you want to experience before 30 :) ?

• I just wanna live longer, too much pollution in the city lol

• I can datea girl with pets, no dogs though

What Girls Said 13

• Ok so I'm not an animal person. That doesn't mean I hate them or anything, because I don't. I have a huge fear of dogs and I'm not that fond of cats either. I do like fish and turtles and actually want to get an aquarium, so I definitely wouldn't mind that.

• YESSSS!!! I totally would. I love animals, so that would be like a paradise for me.

• I have a pet snake a hairless cat ad a great dane. I swear overtime I bring a guy back to mine he gets scared. They're all lovely I swear!

• I love all animals, as long as you can care for them correctly, and show them love, i could care less if you had 1 or 20

• I would prefer a guy with no pets

• As long as we can take care of them... but doesn't it require a lot of time to properly take care of all of them by yourself? Or do you expect to just feed the dogs, clean their shit and they will spend most of their time playing with each other or with the cats?

• I have 7 dogs at home, family pets, and they're all socialized because of the pack. They play, groom each other, sleep together, and have a good unit. But they love attention, and my family interacts with them every day.
      The question has two components really.
      I was gearing the question towards people around your age who are more established and have a long term home vs someone my age. And if they would be ok living with someone who wanted that many pets.
      And I was also asking, how many were too much or species restrictions.

• So what's your final answer to both?

• When I date someone, he can have as many pets as he wants. If I have to move in with him.. I don't want to live on a farm, so that would drastically reduce the kind of pets we can keep. The number greatly depends on the type of pets he wants to keep. Fishes.. maybe hundreds are possible, depending on size. Guinea pigs.. maybe 10. Cats.. less than 5. Dogs.. I haven't actually met anyone here who owned more than one dog.

• A billion pets!!!

• I don't think i could stand that.

• 1 or 2 pets seem enough

• As long as they don't own birds, bugs, or gecko's I'm good.

• Awww, geckos too? Is it all reptiles or specifically them?

• Haha, she's pretty tough, she got a rake and tried to maneuver a pretty big, but not venomous snake like the crocodile hunter, into a dog food bag.

• It was intense. She was in the mode.

• A rescue farm is a bit different than having a bunch of pets crammed in a small house or apartment, of course.

• Not a lot of pets for me personally. I tried dating a guy once that had 5 dogs, 3 cats, several snacks, a few birds, a fish tank, some chickens, a hairless rat and I think a hamster or guinea pig... it was too much for me. I think it's great for people to take care of animals, but I can't do it (I suck). If they have 3 pets or less, that is a good amount for me.

• snakes not snacks... he didn't eat them, I swear D:

• I would depending on the pets.
    If he owned cows, chicken, ducks, cats, goose, goats, horses, etc I would be fine.

But I am scared of dogs.