Should a guy that was circumcised be able to press charges against their parents once they turn 18 for doing that to them if they wish they hadn't?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it. It was your foreskin. Maybe you could use baby foreskin (stem cells) and get some made for you, in a ironic kinda hypocritical way.

• Well no it hasn't happened to me. But I have friends who I know are bitter about it happening to them.

• A lot of burns are treated with skin graphs grown from live birth foreskin.

• @Nicolas25

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's pretty logical for that to be illegal. I think it was started as a way to help take away some feeling from a guy so he will be able to control himself better at least in the Jewish religion. I know it was also done to try and stop masturbation. I do see it as a crime though. I don't think many parents that have it done understand the implications and are heavily culturally biased and trust the doctors and the system is done in. I don't think it's realistic for them to know all information so I don't think it's really their fault. They're just usually ignorant on the topic and culturally heavily biased.

Yes I do see it as a crime but it's heavily ingrained into many religions and cultures so they will fight to maintain their tradition and way of thinking. Even if the court got past the biases I don't think they would likely prosecute parents because of their ignorance.

What Girls Said 5

• You could if you want but it wouldn't really help anything lol. It already happened and you should inherit your parents money eventually anyway so why sue them for it. It would be a waste of money on legal fees

• That's just silly.. When your a baby you belong to your parents and they have to make decisions for you since they can't. Sure, it sucks if you didn't want it, but you just have to deal with it.

• They don't have to make the decision, they can wait until you can voluntarily choose to cut a part of your body off.

• @93stepsawayfromhome Yes, I agree that they don't, and I am actual against circumcision anyways.. However, the reason that most parents get their children circumcised is because they believe that they are doing the right thing at the time for heigenic, religious, whatever reasons and I don't think you should be able to sue them. I think it's ridiculous and it's not going to change anything other than someone trying to get some money, people sue for lame reasons all the time.

• people are too sue-happy these days just chill

• Are you in pain? No? Then no.

• No, he can't.

I don't think he should either.

• Why not though? What if your parents cut your clitoris off at birth, would that not make you livid?

• @ihatethiswebsite No, that's not even close. That's like saying removing a finger is the same thing as removing the whole hand.

• That doesn't make any sense. The foreskin has more sensory receptors associated with pleasure than the penis head or other parts.

What Guys Said 19

• You may have just started the circumcision equivalent of the Marvel Civil War debate. Since I don't miss those components of my foreskin all that much, it'd be the last thing on my mind. I can't imagine pressing charges on my own folks, even though I know they are far from perfect. Though, their imperfections I speak of have nothing to do with circumcision whatsoever.

• Why? I like what I have, and everyone I have been with hasn't had an issue!! Why would I want a 'foreskin'? It just looks gross, and I'm not really liking penises!!
    OK, Foreskin Lovers, bring it on, tell me I am wrong, and so on, and on.
    I couldn't choose, but I wouldn't change it, if I could, because I know what it is, and I have no issues!
    As for suing your parents? Are lawyers that lacking, for cases, that they need to take on some stupid sht like this? REALLY?

• Just because people are against circumsicion for moral reasons doesn't make them foreskin lovers

• @Nicolás25 No offense intended, it's just that I don't understand the issue? I don't feel like I was 'harmed' in any way, and I don't feel like I am missing out on something. The women I have been with expect a circumcised penis, and when I asked them about the 'natural' kind, with foreskin, they were unsure about it, and non had ever been with an uncircumcised guy before.
      I'm not gay, and not into playing with boys, but I personally prefer the look of circumcised penises, if I see them in the locker room, videos, or online. Personal thing for every man, I think, but not a 'LEGAL' issue. . .

• Unless it has legitimately affected your life in a negative way, then no because that would be stupid and petty.

• That's just about the most knuckle-headed thing a guy could do. If that's all he has to complain about from his childhood, seriously, grow up! If they know they can press charges, care how life would be with a little flap of extra skin, or can afford the legal fees against dear old mom and dad; go to Yale or Princeton with that money instead of suing for "damages." They might be better allies when you want a co-signer for your own house, than an enemy you made when they saved you some trouble when you were born. Your mom could sue you for pain and heartache caused by giving birth to you. How would you like it then, Mr. Independent?

• They had the choice to have you so that was their choice to go through the headache that was a beyond terrible comparison."when they saved you some trouble when you were born." ok mate keep taking pride in genital mutilation. only in America...

• And ALL Jewish Countries, Mate.

• The American Bar Association [ en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bar_Association ]would love that!

• Yes I think so but I wouldn't I can look over this one dumb thing my parents did to me over all the good things they have done for me. Also I wonder how many girls would vote yes you should if you were to ask "Should you be able to press charges against your parent's for cutting of the extra skin off your vagina"?

• Unfortunately not, but you can invest effort into foreskin restoration. I've seen cases of real actual progress on pictures where the damage was undone.

• But they shouldn't have needed to go through with that. I don't understand what you mean by unfortunately not. It's a person opinion on if you think they should be able to or not.

• They can't press charges, is what I meant.

Even though it would make perfect sense. Their body was permanently mutilated. Of course they should be able to press charges. Against the hospital, too. In fact, the practice itself should be illegal.

• Yes they should be able to... the law should abolish this cultural practice. But society tends to keep religion and politics separate

• Yes, and against the doctor and nurses and anyone else involved.

• Yes 100% the doctor as well.

• what was the reason? if it was no reason then i agree but if it was for like infection nd shit then no

• Not in America lol

• Think it should be made against the doctors ultimately.

• It was the parents decision though.

• YES. Absolutely.

• lmao this is hilarious

• Its not like you had a say in whether or not you were convinced/born?

• No. Statute of limitations.

• I doubt it. It's legal to mutilate baby boys in America. Only girl babies are protected from that sort of stuff.

• Try and see what happens. I'd be interested in the outcome.