To all the Americans or any others on GaG... what do you think about Canada and Canadians?

what do you think about Canada & Canadians?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been there a few times and really liked it. PEI and BC are gorgeous. New Brunswick and Nova Scotia were nice too. I generally like northern lands. As for the people, they seemed friendly enough - I don't have any particular memories. (I had a roommate who was from Toronto and she was very insistent that she was not French Canadian although she spoke French... no offense, some of the Canadians I've met have been kind of odd, but I don't think that's because they're Canadian lol.)

I strongly approve of your flag.

What else - I like the idea of your healthcare system although I've read about some of its faults. And why does the Montreal airport not have moving walkways? I had to limp along 3 long hallways as old people sped past when I went there (sans crutches) for a spring break trip one year.

Most Helpful Guy

• About Canada : the distances are way to big for an easy discovery. I'd HATE Canadian winter.
    About Canadians :
    English speaking: no idea, I can't say I met one.
    French speaking: they don't seem to understand why I don't understand Canadian French. (I know why)

What Girls Said 16

• I LOVEEE Canada AND Canadians ❤
    I would love to live there. :)

• Heard you guys have a new leader.

I think Canadians are generally good people. I don't think badly of anyone from Canada just because they're from Canada.

• I know about Canada and the peeps there what I've heard about them: Canada is a beautiful place, Canadians are the sweetest, kindest, most generous and helpful people!

• I mean, I live in Michigan so we're next door neighbors. And I drove to Canada once. The people I talked to were exactly like the people in Michigan from the brief conversation we had about what I wanted from Tim Horton's. 😂

• I think they're pretty nice from what I've experienced. I was up in Canada, Niagara Falls and Toronto, over the summer. Anyone I met/spoke to was very kind and welcoming. I'd love to go back there when I can.

• I don't know about Canadians, but Canada seems a good country to live, for what I see.
    I would like to go there someday and I could think about living in this country.

• My bro is Canadian, so I love Canadians and to say I don't, would be dishonering him.

• @Watermelonoma and @Illusive_Man are on the list of GaG Canadian I'm going to stalk. That should answer your question.

• I pretty much consider them my frozen brothers and sisters. And I feel bad that they can't have guns.

• lmao. I live in Canada and yes the winters suck. As for gun we can have them but not carry them in the streets. We have to have a licence for them. I'am not big on guns so i'am neutral on that.

• fucking awesome" here. Similarly to Canada for example, the people in Switzerland who do keep a gun at home want to have it because they go hunting or do things like that. We don't consider standing in our backyard and shooting around wild-west style a fun activity or even a "hobby" like American gun nuts do. We have a very pragmatic and dry relationship with guns. And almost all young people under the age of 30 have neither affiliations nor interest in guns. That is dramatically different in America. Finally, our gun laws are in fact very strict also when it comes to the different types of guns. You can, under certain conditions, keep an army or a hunting rifle at home but you certainly can't just go to a store and buy yourself an assault weapon. I don't know any single person who actually possesses a gun. All my friends brought their army rifle to a military depot and my dad destroyed his own rifle because he didn't want to have it and the depots didn't exist yet back then.

• @BelleGirl21 You just chicken out because you know that I have rationality on my side. But okay, let's go to your original comment and my reply: nobody cares about your "I feel bad you can't own a gun" because the rest of the world doesn't give a fuck about guns. Have you EVER in your life even travelled abroad? You sit in your tiny little American bubble and assume that because you think something is cool, the whole world must be thinking that way. Well, they don't.

• I don't know but I hope it's good cause I might go visit a very good friend this summer :) !

• I'm Canadian and I say we are the best.

• Not that different from the U. S except for having Quebec, Montreal and some other european-like provinces.

• Never met one but I hear they are friendly

• Sup , dude 😃

• I don'y know any, so I have no opinion lol

• I love it. I want to move there.
    I want to know more about it. Hopefully I will get to go there one day.

What Guys Said 20

• I think this is hilarious:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFCd4ZOTVg4

By the way, "It's a great day for Canada and, therefore, the world."

• Can't think of a better place to live.

• I'm an American and I think they're excellent neighbor's

• Canada is a nice place to live but i wish i could go to school in the states

• I LOVE Canadians, but HATE their Beer!!

• Canada, eh?
    I have a fondness for Canadians. Good at hockey, know how to make poutine (sorry, it's still the best thing you guys have made: that shit is out of this world good), and are really nice (for the most part). Honestly, I don't think that America could have asked for a better neighbor. I know for certain that at the very least, Canada is a stable country, which is a hell of a lot more than most countries can lay claim to.

• I enjoyed all my time in Canada eh.. I've spent a lot of time in St. Johns, New Brunswick and the people were really awesome.

• ... are you sorry to have asked this question:P
    anyways I love Canada especially BC, I would always go there when I was little

• Peaceful.
    While the US and Mexico are wildin' y'all just sitting up there chilling.
    ".. time to move to Canada" <- Common joke made here whenever shit goes down

• I know very little about Canadians and Canada. I can't say the people or the country have ever interested me enough to take an interesting.

• I think it's strange how people are so interested in a fictional place

• fuck yeah, canada! I'm a tad biased though

• Y'all are VERY nice people, I DO believe it would be beneficial for the U. S. and Canada to merge, but that's just me. U have a beautiful country, not much wrong with it. Not much bad I can say about Canada.

• Big fan. Cool people, hockey is great, chicks are good to go. So comfortable in their own skin and down for whatever not all uptight like Americans.

• UMMM HOOOOLD ON now lol. The chicks here can be really uptight. Some not all.

• I never ran into that once but maybe being American helped. I can only speak from my experiences and I really REALLY like Canuck babes. The ones I knew would walk around naked... were just chill. Don't get me wrong, i live American girls but almost every one will cover up or hold a blanket over themselves after we just had sex. WTF is that all about?

• Norm Macdonald is Canadian

So I approve

• Honestly I feel like u guys got ur shit together better than us Americans XD We got problems all the time.

• Its whatever man just another bunch of people they seem like nice people in general

• They still seem American to me.

• I like the idea of Canadians but I've only ever known two and they were both bitches.

• The Canadians on here tend to be dickheads, but, I know that Canadians in general are supposed to be pretty nice

• Basically the colder, less finance-friendly version of the US. Would never want to own a business there, although it's probably a great place to live if you're the lazy sort.