How important is it to you if I guy/ girl can cook or not :)?

I mean I can make a mean cereal lemme tell you 🤓

Lol in all seriousness I'm good at literally anything a girl wants me to make unless it's some fancy dish. I guess the "fanciest" dish I made for my ex (and her family 😅) was salmon on a skillet with a special sauce with rice and vegetables.

Is it important if a guy/ girl knows how to cook?
Does it make the guy/ girl more attractive to you?

• Important If a guy/ girl knows how to cook
  • Somewhat important if a guy/ girl knows how to cook
  • Not really important
  • Other 🙃
Wow 100 votes! I used to think that my ability to cook would benefit me in a relationship. I'm surprised to find out that many of you women don't find it really important.

It's also weird to see how men didn't lean one particular way in the voting, all votes seemed about equal to men!

Most Helpful Guy

• It is important to me because I like to cook lol I don't say I want a girl to cook for me, so much as one who gets good homemade food and can enjoy cooking with me. It is one of my favorite stay at home dates. going shopping and listening to music while cooking with a girlfriend is one of my favorite dating activities.

• After looking at the commenters and your update, I would take into account that most people here were under 23... That means college, or recently living ont heir own, and likely have not had the motivation to learn much cooking yet. I can say that that goes away fast, and knowing how to cook can become a pretty fundamental life skill, and a huge perk for dating at a certain age. ;)

What Girls Said 37

• It's not the be all and end all.

But I can't cook. It just doesn't happen. It's a miserable comedy watching me. So if he can cook then that means we won't starve to death or be totally broke from getting take out lol

• Honestly I don't mind if a guy isn't a master chef but I expect him to know how to feed himself. I don't mind doing most of the cooking (I like cooking and I was raised that way) but the last thing I want is for him to have to rely on me to feed him like I'm his mommy.

If he tries to give me the whole "Oh women do the cooking spiel" I'll hand him a recipe book and send his ass home until he learns how to fry an egg.

• Somewhat important. I love to cook, and I like finding new things to cook and adding them to my memory bank. I know my boyfriend doesn't really have the time to cook something extravagant, and it really doesn't bother me. I get to spend more time in the kitchen and it's therauptic sometimes. It's nice for him to know some basics and know how to cook a bit of stuff, but it wouldn't bother me much.

• When a guy doesn't know how to cook, it makes it easier for me to cook for him because they tend to get picky and try to teach you THEIR way of cooking, They appreciate your food more when they don't know how too cook because they can't compare your food to theirs.

• Very true! But if I were your boyfriend, even though you may not have "cooked the food the way I liked it", I'd still appreciate the effort you put in and I wouldn't complain at all.

Conversely, instead of you having to cook food for him all the time, he could cook for you and cook your favorite foods.

• That's good. Appreciation means a lot to a female.

• No it's not important. My boyfriend hardly knows how to make a cup of hot chocolate but I still love him like crazy. :) I'd rather make the food, it makes me happy to do things kinds of things for him.

• Its an added bonus but I prefer to do the cooking since I can't drive I feel like I should at the very least cook.

• It's important... for him to be able to cook for himself as much as it is important for me to be able to cook for myself - or we can cook for each other or together. Cooking is a useful skill.

• Somehow every one's Definition of "knowing how to Cook" is different...

For me, a guy needs to just be able to Cook for himself. So that i don't need to baby him. So that he cab take care of himself. That's enough for me. To have higher expectations than that is just being picky and unrealistic

• It's not all that important. I can't cook for shit. If neither of us can cook, then we can learn how to together. :)

• its somewhat important, but it's really not a big deal. i know how to cook, so i can help/teach my boyfriend to cook, and we can do it together. i know he doesn't know how to make a lot of dishes and thats fine lol. id be willing to help him if he wants to learn. :-)
    there are still some things im learning to make too.

• Knowing how to cook it's plus for me, but if he doesn't I don't see any problem. I can't demand something I also can't do. It wouldn't be fair.

• it is somewhat important

• It's not important cause I enjoy cooking.

• Nah, it's not important, but I do think it's awesome when a guy really knows how to cook, and it does make him more attractive.
    It's cool if he doesn't though, we can just order take out and eat happily ever after! haha :)

• I wouldn't mind it if he doesn't cook, I'll be more than glad to cook for my future husband <3

• I barely can fry eggs :p
    So it s not smthng I demand from a guy.
    But if he can it s such a bonus and turn on :)
    If he s a good cook maybe he ll give some private lessons you know ;)

• For me, my guy has to be able to dish something up ahha can be really simples stuff but its mainly because i loveeeee eating! hahahah

• I'd like them to at least know how to boil water, make scrambled eggs, heat up an oven properly , make grilled cheese and heat soup.

A little knowledge is wanted, not a lot

• tbh i'd prefer it if my guy doesn't know how to cook... i own the kitchen xD

• It's not that important but thank god my boyfriend can cook cuz my ass will burn the house down

• Somewhat, but it's not hard to learn.

• We can always order out so I don't care.

• I imagine and want myself to be an amazing cook naturally but to be honest, it just doesn't happen

• It's not a dealbreaker but it is certainly appreciated when a man can cook.

• it would be important to me if a guy knew how to cook because I can do frozen foods but can't cook on a stove top

• Not that important. If he can't cook, I'll teach him. It's an important skill either way.

• I dont really care. I can do the cooking.

• Not important, it would be fun trying to figure it out and making mess and disaster with someone.

• I think it is way more fun to cook together than to cook alone.

• Not important at all... its a bonus, but not necessary...

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 24

• OF COURSE I LIKE A GIRL WHO CAN COOK! Who doesnt? But its not a dealbreaker if she can't. And its not like she can't learn it. But she dont has to if she dont wants to. Im definetly not a good cook. And my cooking experiments only taste good to me at the highest. Sooo yeah I never expect something from a girl that I can't do as well.

• Not really important, I'm a pretty fair cook, my girlfriend, well not so much, she trys, but I just sit back and laugh.

• I am a strong and independent man and I don't need women to cook for me.

• Its big time important for me now. I never had a girl that can really cook or is to lazy to get after it the right way. I am sick of fast food and i would love a great cook

• Very important!! Are you people seriously blind!!

How are you supposed to catch a good dowry if you can't cook! I've never heard of a women who couldnt cook going for anything more than 4 goats, ten pots, 3 ounces of 'spices from the east', and one bullock!

• Not that important. In fact, if they don't know how to then it would probably be cool since we could learn together :D

• It's not really important, just a bonus.

It's one of those things where if you do have it, it will help you out. But not having it isn't going to hurt you.

• I look at cooking like I look at bathing and doing laundry: if you're an adult, then someone shouldn't have to do them for you all of the time.

• I can cook and enjoy sharing what I make with her. It's fun for her to share her favourite meals with me too.

• She doesn't have to be a 5 star chef, but I don't want her to be so hopeless in the kitchen that she can't even cook ramen without setting the stove on fire.

• not important at all, relationships are about sharing, i am a good cook meaning i would be happy to cook

• It is important.
    If we are thinking about create a family, the minimum for both uf us is how to cook.

• i mean i need my girlfriend to cook for me cause i'm barely skilled enough to make popcorn :/

• Lol atta boy 😂

• actually no... they literally just did our laundry and made us food for no reason. but our entire dorm freshman year by the end of the year were all friends anyways.

• that's what made it so great. i didn't even have to do anything.

• I am a great cooker so I don't really care

• not really, I know how to cook so I can do it

• Not really important, primarily because I like cooking, so I'd be happy to do most of it myself.

• Its always nice for you to cook up something very nice as a suprice but its not very important tho

• Not that important since I'm already more than decent myself

• well I'm studying to be a chef so I'll have most of the cooking covered

I hope she can at least cook like eggs or soup or basic things thought haha

• Lol agreed! Wouldn't you say that it's somewhat difficult to cook a good meal? Isn't it harder than what it seems?

• hmmm depends on the other persons taste but in general a good meal will satisfy the majority

• Its only if i will mary the girl i look at her cooking

• I don't care one bit if a girl can't cook. I can't cook, so I don't see why I would be upset if a girl can't

• I can cook, but I'd hope my partner could do a little something in the kitchen so I knew they could take care of themselves and not eat cereal all day.

• I don't think it matters, but the girl I like doesn't know how but is willing to learn from me, which should be fun.

• Very important. Growing up, my mother couldnt cook for shit and thats had an effect on me, so now its more important for me that a girl i get into a relationship with can cook

• i mean more important than it would be for the average guy