How to know it you have daddy issues?

I can't even say how many times I've heard this lol people always tell me I have daddy issues but it's like "bitch, I love my father, it's all good".. He was always there for me and I don't think there is a reason why I like older guys other than learning from them.

Most Helpful Guy

• People will find just about every reason imaginable to criticize your choices in guys. I date mostly younger girls (there's that whole meme about younger girls liking older guys again), and people call me things like 'cradle robber' and tell me that I should work on getting a girl my own age. It's all bullshit, because you like who you like. As long as no laws are broken and no one's being hurt, fuck what others say about who you date.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I always thought the term "daddy issues" applied to women who were sexually attracted to me who were old enough to be their daddies. If you only like older guys because you can learn from them, what exactly are you learning from them? I don't imagine it involves how to use a dreml tool or remodeling kitchens?

• Older people has so much to give, they've lived longer and they know stuff, they can give you great advices and a conversation will always be interesting.

Well, I'm attracted to people in their twenties, even thirties if they look younger. But I don't know, I've never considered to be in a relationship with someone older than that.

• Then why not go for a girl their age?

• @kiler1000 I don't know lol

• You seem pretty emotionally stable to me.

• Eh I have no fucking clue and never thought that of you lol

• Are you sure you seeing your naked father when you were really young has nothing to do with this?

• Maybe they are speaking like it's the female version of the edipus complex. I'm not saying I agree with that statement but it could offer understanding of their mindset?

What Girls Said 3

• Girls with daddy issues take things differently - they seek for male approval and look for guys who are older because they may look a tad more like their father (even if they don't know it).
    You just seem like a girl who likes to have fun, so I don't believe you have any daddy issues.
    Besides, if you did, you'd feel somewhat depressed and never truly satisfied after contact with a guy.
    Hope it helps! xx

• I also like older men and people have always pushed it into the "daddy issues" category. I think it just that people need some justification as to why you have preferences instead of realizing that everyone has preferences and just because they are different from theirs does not mean they are wrong and should be labeled as something its not.

• Lol, I've heard that girls with daddy issues are usually submissive.