"We Should Hang Out Something"?

First and foremost, a woman did say this to me and I'm positive it means just that, just to hang out and do something together and nothing more.

But, as a younger adult (late teens/early 20s), I always took this line as a way of someone who's interested in the other person and saying "Hey, I like you and we should get together and get ot know each other better".

Times have a changed since then. Or at least I think so, so I'm curious what this means to y'all. Would you say this to someone you liked as a potential romantic partner? Would you say this to your boys/girls as a way of saying we should kick it? I'm sure there are various contexts so I'm interested in hearing what y'all think.

• Romantic Perspective: It means I like you and want to get to know you more
  • Friend Perspective: It means we should just kick it as friends
  • Other/See Results
Yes, I fucked up the title. It should say "We should hang out SOMETIME". Sorry y'all.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends! I have said this many time to other people!

Most Helpful Guy

• ''We should hang out something.'' subtly means ''i would love to invite you out for...''
    However, normally i will use ''LET'S go to do something...''
    It's more decisive, and put less pressure onto the girl as compared to ''i would love to invite you out...''

What Girls Said 1

• Both of those options are equally likely, honestly.

What Guys Said 1

• hanging out is generally more unassuming. i mean if someone likes being around you, it's not gonna matter if you're on a date, or hanging out. the idea is to spend time together.