Why do people hate pro athletes? Is it just jealousy?

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't do what they are supposed to do. I almost cursed Victor Cruz out for almost losing yesterday. I know he was not there because of his injury but he's too busy fuckin hos and being on tv shows. Not focusing on getting my team where we need to be. Just play the game well and there won't be any problem

Most Helpful Guy

• Kevin hart had a joke where he said "i can't hang out with Athletes, they don't respect Money."

Just like anything.. the extreme 5% of flamboyant athletes are focused on. These are your showboating and cocky players who people don't like. When you have success, people want to see someone whose humble. No one likes a showoff.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• speaking as a norwegian we love our athletes, especially the ones performing during the winter.
    Then gain, there is a certain expectancy about profesionality. And the national teams has no slack on some things, so yeah.

• Well, don't hate them but we can all agree they are over paid.

• Well in that case they should hate the owners too, because they do even less than the athletes

• That's no reason to hate someone because they are overpaid, but if it makes them have poor character, then that's another story.

• Hate is a strong word. I hope not. They are good examples to stay fit which is good for everyone.

• Probably the money for playing sport and they can act like idiots and get like no punishment.

• Do you think any jealousy is involved? Some sports are highly dangerous

• Other than wanting their money I don't think so

• Do they? I haven't really noticed this, at least hate if there isn't a reason for it.