Someone close to me died and I feel nothing?

Recently a very close cousin of mine died at the age of 22. He was not my cousin but my older brother. I was like the little sister he never had. We grew up together in the same house and always annoyed each other but deeply cared for each other. He was very protective of me aswell. I feel uncomfortable because everyone around me is greveing and i feel nothing. I have been close to crying lots of times but i feel like i am inable to cry i dont know whats wrong with me this is the first time someone close to me dies i do not know how to react or what to do. I can't feel anything at all. Whats wrong with me?

I am a very sensitive person i cry for almost everything and anything yet i find it hard to feel anything at the moment whats wrong with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people aren't just really that emotional I am kind of the same way my uncle died and grandma and didn't feel anything then again in my situation we weren't really close.

• I am very emotional though which is why i dont understand why i can't feel anything..

• people's personality can change when I was a kid I was such a cry baby until one day I changed I can be very emotionally detached with most people.

Most Helpful Girl

• Different people deal with these situations differently. Sometimes from how extreme the trauma is you can't even bring yourself to cry; there will just be some feeling of emptiness. This doesn't mean that you don't care about his death as much as they do. I am sorry for your loss though. My condolences.

What Guys Said 3

• Thats because you understand the absoluteness of passing on. Nothing you can do will bring them back. I felt the same way about my g-ma and my good friend. I just take a shot for them on the day out of remembrance of life.

• Yea maybe you're right.. a shot doesn't sound like a bad idea right now

• i'll take one with.

• maybe you just locked them away? that can happen.

• Im soo sorry to hear ur loss. May his gentle soul rest in eternal peace.

What Girls Said 1

• Don t worry, same thing happened to me when my grandma passed away.
    This doesn t mean you loved him any less, everyone copes and deals with death in different ways.
    I am sry for your loss :(

• Thank you i appreciate it:/.. and may your grandma rest in peace..

• 😙😙