True or false: If a women reports being sexual assaulted, it is more likely than not that the assault actually took place?

• True. If a women reports being sexually assaulted, it is more likely than not that she actually was sexually assaulted.
  • False. Most women who report being sexually assaulted are just trying to get attention or are exaggerating the incident to manipulate the legal system.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don'think many women want go undergo the rape kit examination by a foctor and the interrogation about all details of their private life by cops, just to get attention.
    Way more rapes are not reported because of all this.

What Guys Said 7

• If a man claims he is innocent is he more often then not innocent? Who knows. The fact is an accusation is just that an accusation, something that could be true or could not be true. We cannot verify the probability of an entire group being honest when they make an accusation. I believe that some are true and as we do have evidence, some are not. Some are not true but the woman herself is exaggerating the situation unconciously, both her being the victim and him being the aggressor (as in many cases of drunken sex) and other times she is outright lying. Then you have situation where the woman is absolutely telling the truth. The fact is we cannot verify eiter way except with evidence which itself goes by a case by case basis. I think it would be rather niave to presume that the vast majority of women are innocent of wrong doing purely because of their gender and men are by and large guilty purely on their gender. That is why we need to never presume one way or another but let the data lead us to the conclusion instead of how we currently do things ie come to a conclusion and try and find all evidence that supports that conclusion. In short I don't think your question is fair because it presupposes that its a black or white issue when it isn't.

• I don't know for sure but I can't imagine most women lie about it. seems like too much to go through based entirely on a lie

• While I do believe in innocent until proven guilty, I would most likely give the benefit of the doubt to the girl and believe her over the accused, unless overwhelming evidence was provided to disprove her claim. So, I probably wouldn't be a great person to be on a jury duty for that.

• I always give people the benefit of the doubt but there is always going to be something in my mind questioning her. Natural security or PI work.

• There's no way to know until an investigation is done, but if it's a girl i know I'm going to believe her no questions asked.

• I'd guess more likely than not. Why go through all the effort, unless you were seriously strange.

Some interesting thoughts though...

www.nationalreview.com/.../how-common-are-false-rape-charges-really-jason-richwine

• A) It's more likely than not that she is telling the truth. HOWEVER, false rape accusations are far more common than feminists and the media try to tell us. The penalty for falsely accusing someone should be just as severe as rape itself.

Feminists have really shot themselves in the foot by trying to minimize false rape accusations and by the whole "1 in 4 women get raped" bullshit. All that has accomplished is to make men cynical about women and the rape discussion and undermine respect for women in general.

• Real rapes are far more common than MRA & MGTOW activists pretend.

• And men have *always* been 'cynical' about women.

• @jacquesvol You're not really a man, are you?

What Girls Said 2

• It really depends on the girl most girls these days will report it for attention but there is always the possibility it did happen

• Most are legit, but that doesn't mean ALL are legit. I'd wager more (male and female) sexual assaults go unreported than false claims are made. But that doesn't mean no false claims are made.