To buy or rent a house? What's the best solution for you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Right now I am not in a position to own a house, if I had a mortgage I couldn't afford to fix anything if it broke, so for me renting is fine at the moment. Eventually I do want to buy my own house, but I want to have as much of a deposit as possible because I don't want to be working for ever to pay for a load of bricks.

Mortgage comes from the Latin words Mort, meaning death, and Gage, meaning pledge. So basically it means death contract. You will pay until you die! Not my idea of fun...

I would really like to buy some land and build my own house, that's what the ultimate plan is...

• Didn't know the one about "Mortgage". Yeah, having a piece of land seems nice indeed. We can do a lot of it.

• Yeah, I live in a beautiful part of the world too - one day it will happen :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Interest rates are low: I'd think it's the best moment to buy (with a fixed rate mortgage). Unless there's a remake of the 2008 crisis, real estate prices are unlikely to go down.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it depends on how long you are planning to live in that particular area.
    If you're seriously going to settle and don't plan on moving again I would actually suggest to really buy a house, if you're thinking it is or might just be temporary you should probably just rent a place.

Also keep the calculations in mind like what would be the cheaper option for you eventually but remember that rents can always fluctuate (most of them time they'll go up :p)

• I'm to broke for both. :(

Though one of my friends aimed to rent a house sense that's cheaper than buying one for her atm.

What Guys Said 1

• I currently can't afford to buy a house. And considering the property prices, I don't suppose I could buy a house even if I saved up all my life, unless I win a lottery.

So once I'm more settled in my career, I may consider a mortgage, but not really sure about that.

• Don't forget that if you're a home owner and mortgage is paid off by the time you retire, rent or mortgage payments are over and your pension will allow you a better life.