Are there actually girl gamers?

Is there any girls who play video games? In the 5 years I've played games I've only game across one. And she hasn't seen any at all.

The otherday she said she was depressed with only talking to guys, which is understandable, so im trying to find her some girls to play with. Just hit me with your GT or somthing and ill give it to her.

Thanks.

• Xbox one
  • Xbox 360
  • Playstation 3
  • Playstation 4
  • Steam
Any xbox one players please stand up.

Most Helpful Girl

• My console is back at home. No soace for it here.

Most Helpful Guy

• https://i.imgflip.com/aanxt.jpg
    I've never actually met a girl gamer before...
    I've spoken to girls who have said they play games, but never actually seen one.

... interesting!

What Girls Said 9

• I've disliked that term ever since on google. If you type that in the images you get are of girls holding controllers over their tits. That really annoys me because they don't show actual pictures. Though that wouldn't exist because they are to busy and into a game to even other taking a picture. :D

Which I am like that I get really into the games. I've never been into xbox type games. Though I do like some PS games but i'm more of a nintendo/PC person. ATM I'm trying to improve my characters on warframe. Which is how I found out about steam. :D

• I concur, I hate the way the media has to sexualise everything. It's cheap and nasty and I want to see the end of it.

• I agree most girl gamers, mainly on twitch are just busty girls with pushup bras that dont know how to play a game to save there o so precious instagram selfies. Im more of an xbox player and a pc player. i like console more as you dont need to optimize etc. But im getting back into the pcgame as i brought a hardcore gameing pc.

• Yup, I love Nintendo, Playstation and Xbox :D

• aye cool a multiplatformer :) what sorta games do you play.

• You play battlefeild, call of duty or destiny?

• No, I'm not really into FPS games, I like 3rd person games, because I prefer to see my character ;)

• We exist yes.

• No my brother won't let me use his xbox 360 or xbox one!

• *Raises hand and waves it around furiously*

• Girl Gamers EXIST! We're not some sort of mythical creatures. I am not a unicorn. Destiny is the best. Have you played Assin's Creed Syndicate yet?

• Yes, of course, we exist. Don't make it sound like we're a rare species, LOL
    For me, I don't just love/play video games; I work in the industry as well ;)

• I like xbox and playstation systems but I prefer xbox :P

• I usually play on steam and PlayStation 3.
    But we all so have a Wii U, Xbox classic, and Xbox 360.

What Guys Said 9

• Allegedly there are more women who play video games than men and statistically more older women play video games so women over the age of 35 are picking up consoles or gaming on PC and even using their smartphone and tablets to game.

I was actually killed by a woman on Battlefield 4, she sniped me and then blew me up with C4 explosives sometime later.

• I read up on a blog that girl gamers mainly are middle age woman that play mobile games. or teen-20 y/o that dont actually play just post pictures of social media of there tits witth a controller over them.

• The data at the conferences I've attended lately suggest that females make up a larger percentage of gamers than males do now.

What you may be experiencing is not that there are not 'girl gamers' in the general sense, but that there isn't a large percentage of women playing the same games that you do. Just because there are women that play games doesn't mean that they play all games in equal measure.

Games with creative outlets and socialization trend better, for example. Games without harsh failure penalties, and with more co-operative elements also do. You will find women playing Madden, sure, but you will find a lot more of them, percentage wise, playing the Sims, for example.

• Yeah they do exist.

• I know that but i want too see how big the female comunity actually is, as its mainly full of kids saying that they fucked your mum.

• I've met some of the girl gamers, they are cool :)

• I play on PS3!

I've known some female gamer girls, Maybe your area just doesn't have a lot of them.

• Steam is the best. And yes, they do exist. Hopefully primarily on Steam.

• Girls aren't commonly into such a hobby like video games I guess?

Correct me instead of downvoting!

• They are out there but they hide because guys are ass holes.

• Yo I have xbox one but I'm a guy. I play everything. GT is SC000BYSN4CKS