Is 30 still young?

My cousin is turning 30 and he still looks the exact same as when he was like 23
i thought he was like 24 and my mom laughed and said he was almost 30 and i went

"wow", he's old. i think i said that because i'm used to him acting, looking, being young.

also i feel like right now once im 30.. my life is over, no prom, no school, i feel like after prom,
college, my life is over i don't get a prom at 30

do you feel the same? do you think 30 is old?,
is your life over at 30?
what age do you consider "old"?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think 30 is the beginning of being middle aged. I would call a 30 year old 'young'

Most Helpful Guy

• 30 is around the age when you really get started in life. Seriously, that's just the beginning. Everything before that is just training and trying to figure out what to do with your life. At your age it might not seem that way, but it's true. Even at 30 people are still young and naive. When people get to be 50, 60, 70, they'll look back at 30 and think how young they were and how little they knew compared to what they know now.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 6

• It's both old and young. And really, when it comes right down to it, prom won't be one of your best life achievements. 30 is an inevitability, embrace it or die trying haha.

• Old is when you qualify for the senior menu. I'm 36 and still get carded for cigarettes and beer, and sometimes get surprised comments when they see my late 70's birthday.

When you're 30 you'll understand prom to be a meaningless joke, and you wouldn't go even if there was one. School is just practice for your life. Your life starts when you end school and cut financial support from your parents. Until then you're living their life, not yours.

• I think 60s starts to seem old since that's when most people stop working but not 30 , i'll take that any day that's when you kinda decide if you're going to get married or stay single

• It's the midway point

• That is absolute ridiculous, "life over at 30." You have decades of living to enjoy, and trust me, things get much better after graduation and I can tell after I finish college that trend will continue.

• Wow dude, real life will smack you hard. You're "old" when you feel it. When you can no longer work or do things you used to be able to. After college and your precious prom is when you're real life starts.