What is your favorite quote?

What's your favorite quote?
Mine is:
'It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be'
~Albus Dumbledore

Most Helpful Guy

• "As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother f*&ker in the valley!"

Most Helpful Girl

• “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” - Joshua J. Marine

“Just know, when you truly want success, you’ll never give up on it. No matter how bad the situation may get.” - Unknown

Quote from a book... this is long but really good.

"... Ask them [students] to write about something, and they can’t make complete sentences, much less spell anything over two syllables. [...] By the time they’re in college, it’s gone too far. They’ve had twelve years without disciplined learning, and they don’t know how to apply themselves. They haven’t learned to study or to pace their work so that projects get completed on time. They fall asleep in lectures because they expect to be entertained, not educated.

I’d teach, damn it! I wouldn’t baby them or play games with them. I’d push each one into doing the best work of which he or she was capable. By the time they finished a class with me, my college prep students would be able to handle university work. [And for those who aren't college prep?] The others would graduate with a knowledge of what disciplined work is all about. That should stand them in good stead, no matter what they decide to do."

✌❤

What Guys Said 5

• "Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred."
    - From Alfred Lord Tennyson's "Charge of the Light Brigade".

• "those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind"
    ~Dr. Seuss

• "Tinder is a gentleman's game played by hooligans" - Abraham Lincoln>

Coincidentally also used to be my tinder bio.

• "yippee ki yay mother fucker"
    i just love that one

• I have none, there is way too many

What Girls Said 3

• You'd be forgiven for not reaching your target but you won't be forgiven if you begin with a low target. ;) It helped me from childhood.

• I like 'a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor' :-)

• "Why bother, it's like putting glitter on shit."- unknown