Is it too quick to get engaged to someone who you've date for 3 months?

• Yes 😐
  • No..
The guys been divorced not long ago either

Most Helpful Guy

• He just got divorced! Why the fuck is he jumping into another marriage?

Most Helpful Girl

• They say "when you know, you know" but... then let's be real now.

When I was 14 I met my now boyfriend and I knew. I was like, "That right there is the man I'm going to marry." He was 12. Would it have made sense for us to get married then? No. I don't need to tell you why haha I'm sure you can figure it out.

We're now four years into a relationship and we are planning a wedding for 2018. We take things like super hella slow apparently. And we knew from date 1 that that was it. We were each other's "one". It's corny as hell haha

But how can you even begin to say you know someone after 3 months? I learn new things about my boyfriend almost every day. And we're 4 years in. What if your guy has an issue with Thanksgiving? What if something tragic happened to him in March and he gets angry and reclusive? What if he loses his job and becomes aggressive? What if he loses his cool in the winter and has SADD? What if what if what if?

Don't be getting engaged until at least a year of dating. Have to know what you're dealing with 365 days a year otherwise you might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

What Guys Said 10

• There is no way you can truly know a person in just three months. At least not well enough to declare that you want to spend a life time with them

• Exactly
      Read the update

• This sure sounds like a big time rebound to me

• I am 18 years with the same great woman , married for 16 of those years. I had been divorced for less than 6 months when we met and she was separated from an abusive husband for a year. We dated for a year at which point I asked if she had considered a divorce from that guy , she replied that she had been wanting to get one but never had the extra $ . We talked a bit more and I asked if she would be ok with me paying for it , no strings attached and that's what we did. About a year later I asked her if she could handle me and who she knew me to be and she said she would be very happy to share her life with me and I told her I would love to have her and her son in my life. We have hit some hard azz roads that's for damn sure. Her sone was killed by a hit and run driver 5 years ago this Nov.15 , worst time of either of our lives. It could have tore us apart let me tell you but we dug in deeper and we fought for each other

• Three months to life? Hell nah way too fast
    Was he at least a friend before?

• engagement is more like somethink for 3 years. not 3 months...

• No, chronological time doesn't mean anything. Two people could learn more about each other in 3 months than another couple could learn about each other in 3 years.

• Yes, way too quick. Disaster waiting to happen.

• yes that is way to fast

• OK to get engaged. Just ask for a looonnnnng engagement like 15-18 months. You still have a lot to learn about this guy.

• The update to the question makes me feel like yes that is too fast.

• That's fast but you can plan the wedding for a ways off.

• Depends. I'd say most people who do that are too hasty. But I know people who are happily married who got engaged that fast or sooner

What Girls Said 11

• if you know, you know. it sounds sooooo corny, i know. but its true. me and my hubby were planning out future after only being together a very short while. now 4 and a half years later we are still super happy and still have the same things planned for our futures.

• Yes. If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer...

• That's way too fast. You barely even know each other or have a feel for how the relationship is actually going. I don't understand why people have to jump right into engagement/marriage.

• Yeah me neither
      Read the update

• Uhh yes. 3 months= 1/4 of a year. Sounds like he's the type that is afraid to be single...

Don't get married to him when you barely know him. The marriage wil probably just end in divorce in not long because of that. Divorce is not fun..

He could also be a creep... Better get to know this guy first.

• Yes. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast.

• It depends on the situation, if you were childhood friends or a dilemma brought you together then it could be satisfactory but regardless the engagement to should extend for a while.
    Reading your update. It doesn't sound very promising the relationship with you.

• It probably won't last very long lol
    That's the problem with younger people. They think dating is the same as marriage. "Weve been getting along for 3 months... That means we will be perfect for each over for he rest of our lives"

Why not wait at least a year before even thinking about marriage 😑🙄

• It really depends on the people. My older sister knew her guy for 2 months and got engaged. They're still together and have 4 kids. My best friend got engaged after 2 months also and they're both very happy and will last a long time. As long as you're both happy and in love you're fine.

• not necessarily. it depends on how you feel about each other.

• oy it would be scary to jump into marriage that quickly. i'd need more like 3 years.

• Not in Hollywood, no.