Should I have called the cops on my neighbour?

My neighbour beats up his wife/girlfriend whatever she is. I have called the cops before but when they got there the fight was over and he lied and wasn't arrested. Last night I heard banging coming from that apartment but no screaming and I wondered if I should have called the cops. Had there been screaming too I would have done it no questions asked but given the lack of screaming I decided not to. Anyone else I would have probably written it off as moving furniture around, etc. What would you have done if you were in my boat?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you were right this time, wait till you know they will catch him

• I guess you're right. I'm just so fed up with this whole situation that I want it to be over.

What Guys Said 2

• Could have been sex. I wouldn't have called.

• U shouldve recorded the audio with ur phone as proof.

What Girls Said 2

• Get evidence to present to the cops. That way if they're too late you still have proof. The abuse needs to stop.

• I wouldn't have done anything. As long as the girl doesn't want to leave him, no amount of "helping" will chamge anything.