Are there too many labels in society now?

Everything seems to have a label other than what it appears as it seems like. People are not just male and female anymore, music and movies have a million different labels and genres and subgenres and so on. It literally makes my head spin. One day i thought i heard a good rock record, turns out it was from this genre ____ (insert name there) that i never even heard of. While labelling can be useful in some ways it seems as if it's gotten out of hand. Are there just too many labels or are things as they should be on this topic?

Most Helpful Guy

• Every wants too seem special and unique

What Girls Said 4

• YES! bloody hell, yes -.-

• Yes, people are VERY bored.

• People make labels. blame the people

• I agree. Not so much on music and movies, labeling them is fine, but in this society if you say "no" to someone who lost a leg in an accident with a red train, that specific situation's got a name.

What Guys Said 3

• There's not enough labels. I don't have one. There needs to be a label for someone who is bipolar with an asocial disorder and PTSD.

• I don't think so, labels are useful for explaining things.

• Labels aren't the problem, it's picking one as your team that's the problem.