Are you obsessed with success?

I certainly am. I work 10x harder than anyone else I know in college. If my stellar gpa ever reached below a 3.7 I would die. I work hard as a bodybuilder also.. I train. Train. Train. I compete and compete. I am a bit on the body dysmorphia side. Sleep is important to me though. I get eight hours a night. Other than training and studying I'm an investor. I sometimes day trade with forex but most of the time I just keep an eye on my mutual funds. I know my obsession isn't exactly healthy but I'm sure there are others out there. I rather be spending my 20s like this and really enjoy my 30s with acquired wealth. I don't really go out I don't drink. I don't chase women.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well good for you although you sound a little full of yourself. I can't imagine how you'd sound if you acquire a lot of wealth. Success is good, but if you don't have anyone to share it with later or someone to really enjoy being with you because you may not have the time to make lasting friendships, you may not know if the people who surround you or there for your money or for you. In my opinion my best friends will be the ones who loved me when I wasn't successful and helped me reach my goals. If you're obsessed now, you'll still be obsessed later, because you're already developing an addictive personality and you'll keep wanting to compete with others when you reach success. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you, but you may want to take it easy and enjoy your life from time to time. Relax and unwind. Not to be morbid but tomorrow isn't guaranteed and I know for myself if something did happen to me I would know I was still successful and enjoyed myself and those I loved around me and actually experience being on love and going out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, things have always worked out for me with a normal amount of effort. I make above average income, my girlfriend is hot, I'm saving almost $3k a month so I'll have a good retirement, I live in a good part of the world, no complaints.

Not that I haven't been crushed or depressed at times.

What Girls Said 2

• i strive for success in all areas of my life, but i wouldn't say I'm obsessed. if i was, my lifestyle would be similar to yours. i respect that driven nature, it's wonderful. just make sure it doesn't take over other aspects of your life :) as u said, it can be unhealthy. it's ok to moderate your success i believe.

failure is not an option for me. i hate it, but i also know when to let go a little and just chill out. maybe because I'm from such a chill place, i dunno lol.

• I'm not obsessed with success. I have a dream that I've been holding onto for several years now, and I'm doing everything I can do get there, semester by semester.

What Guys Said 3

• I understand where your obsession comes from; it's that drive to be independent and do whatever you want one day without worrying about money. Stay the course!

• yeah, sure I am, not in every aspect of my life, but a few.

• So you've surpassed caffeine and pushed on to cocaine is what you're saying...

• No but I take anabolic steroids and adderal.