Where did you think babies came from when you were a kid?

I always thought that each women had a certain number of babies in her and they just kind of popped up every so often. That poor Mormon woman up the street was just a victim of circumstance. I guess I never really considered what the father had to do with it, and why the kids would resemble the father. I guess I never really thought much about it at all.

I never really thought about how they emerged either. I had older sisters so I was aware of vaginas but I didn't see the connection. Also, they looked kind of scary.

Most Helpful Girl

• I got the birds and the bees talk really early. My mom wasn't going to wait and let me find out from my peers. I believe she told me when I was about 8, maybe 9? At that point, I don't think I had really thought that much about. For girls, (or maybe it was just me), I feel like we get the talk a little earlier than boys just because our mother's don't want us to get our first period, not know what it is, and think we're dying. And girls can get them as young as 8-9, (though the average age is around 12).

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty sure I knew the basic idea of how they were made by the time I was five.

But for a long time, I thought that parents had sex once and then the babies randomly spawned sometimes.

• 'spawned' ? .. looks like you were playing video games since 2.

• @takumii I don't know what other words to use, and I got my first console when I was 9.
      I assumed they just popped out once in a while.

What Girls Said 14

• I was heavily influenced by the media as a child. I watched T. V, saw a "sex scene" which basically composed of a man and woman making out steamily on a bed. Therefore I correlated making out on a bed to sex which makes babies. This caused me to have a HUGE phobia of not kissing a single male outside of my family because I thought if you kissed a guy the saliva would transmit the genetic material, and since you already have the same genetic material as your family you wouldn't get preggers from kissing dad.

• When I was really little I thought my mom and dad kept babies in their butts. And then they'd decide when to let the baby out, and decide whose baby to let out by having arguments. I did know that it hurt a lot though. I always just thought my mom got the short end of the deal cuz my dad is better at arguing than she is. I even wrote a paper on it in elementary school for homework.

• I'm afraid my mother didn't let me have any ideas about it. She made sure I was very well informed about childbirth.

• i just thought God put the baby in the mum's tummy.

• That they had sex and became pregnant and 9 months later she gave birth. My parents were honest from the beginning of time. They didn't bother to give me some bullshit story.

• Same as you. My mother was silly and she told me that babies lay in their bellies for a while and whenever the mom would eat they would open there mouths and catch what they swallowed. After a while they were shoot out the baby and it would be completely dry and everything. :)

• Lol, I always knew where they came from. Mama didn't raise no fool.

• Am I the only one that thought/knew where babies actually came from and how they got there?

• my dad told me i was a blue light special from K-mart when i was 5 and as a result, I believed that for years.

• From the belly button. And I used to think men could have babies too since they have belly buttons too, but I just figured they chose not to and let only girls have them.

• Yeah, I didn't have a clue as to how the baby actually got out either.

• the belly button got bigger :p!

• I always thought that a baby would magically appear if two people kissed 😂😂😂😂

• Sears catalog

• I had some idea of sperm moving towards the egg from pregnancy magazines and stuff 'cause my Mum had my brother when I was 7 and my middle sister when I was 8. I kind of got that the sperm was from the father, but I didn't really conceptualise how the sperm got from him to her uterus haha. It was just sort of abstract in my mind, I don't know what I thought. I imagined all babies as being born by caesarian (in fairness my brother was haha)

• Stomach.

I thought you had to cut the stomach to get the baby out.

What Guys Said 13

• I used to think that the man and the woman hug each other and then the baby pops out from between her legs.

• From the store. LOL.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• I didnt' think that deep as a child lol but I just thought the man would kiss the woman and she would moan then have the baby lol.

• I saw porn when I was 10 so it was quite obvious to me from there on

I didn't even think about it before that I think, people talked about the stork though

• Well I honestly thought this is how babies were made,
    When a daddy kisses a mommy (french one), his saliva goes inside mommy's tummy and makes a baby, Then doctors cut open the tummy and take the baby out.

• when i was around 4 or 5 i thought they were pooped out. i had a rough idea of where they came from, just not the right hole. looking back, i was a bit of a dumb kid

• I was not entirely lied to. I was told that babies came out of bellies, which is not strictly false in my case, my case being a c-section, as I weighed almost 12 pounds when I was 26 days early.

• kissing

filler

• I read a book on childbirth when I was 5. It was awkward telling them that I already knew when they tried to give me "The Talk".

• They didn't come, they were just there. Like ghosts.

• from the butt...

• Vaginas.. yep I had older brothers

• Yeah, my older sisters never talked about it that I remember but I made sure my 9 years younger brother didn't grow up as ignorant as me. Though it kind of backfired when my Dad confronted me and said "Why is your five year old brother talking about doing it with girls?"

• Honestly, the Stork!