Why are some many Christians ignorant about the real history of Halloween and hate it so much?

I'm tired of arguing with Christians about their crazy beliefs about Halloween. Doesn't anyone study history anymore?

Real History of Halloween

Most Helpful Girl

• because they are ignorant duh I'm a Christian and I know the history

Most Helpful Guy

• Look, most Christians don't understand the true origins behind Christmas, so to think they'd have Halloween figured out just isn't a realistic expectation.

• LOL!

• That being said, I'm not trying to bag on Christianity. If Christians stuck with JC's core message of love and sacrifice while taking care of the less fortunate, that's a pretty groovy thing to get behind. It's when it crosses into the other lane of culture wars & judgment where they just end up as modern day Pharisees you'd think they'd be a little more self-aware of having had the chance to read it in the Bible and seeing what Jesus had to say about those attitudes & behaviors. K I'm way off topic now.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Wilful ignorance. Christianity rolled across Europe picking the best parts of the pagan religions and local cultural traditions it absorbed.

• A huge number of Christians are ignorant in general. Lack of critical thinking and skepticism is a hallmark of the religious mind. Halloween is just one of many things they oppose in knee-jerk fashion.