They say 'behind every great man is a great woman', but why don't they also say 'behind every great woman is a great man'?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I did a bit of research (and by that I looked up the origins of the statement) and although there's no pinpoint on where or when it started I'm assuming it could be reference to the fact in the past the men where the breadwinners of the family and made all the money but the woman also did her part in busting her butt at home with the house chores, getting dubbed prepared, and took care of the children.

So I believe the saying could be crediting both saying yes, the man is great in working hard for his family but so is the woman for her hard work at home.

That's just my take on it though due to my picking through the Internet.

• I fully adhere to this ethos for I was a nobody till I met my ex wife. She instilled so much in me and created the man I am today. Similarly, she conceded i did similar for her

• I feel like people always evoke change in others whether big or small, good or bad. So I can agree with that.

• But it is do subtly over time rather than overtly

• Prolly because typically great men have been going extinct for the longest.

• Men don't typically like powerful women whom outshine them. I've met powerful women to they were emasculating, snobbish bitches no one wanted to be around...

What Guys Said 5

• Well... they do say something similar, It goes like this:-

'Behind every great woman, is a man.. checking out her ass"! :P

• Because it's politically correct to be sexist against men, but not against women.

• Because it is a dated expression from a time when women "belonged" at home.

• because men and women really aren't equal

• Because men are the scum of the earth. Didn't you know that?

• never experienced this and do not buy into the negativity

• Good for you!