If you haven't experienced it you shouldn't give advice about it. Agree or disagree?

For instance if you never lived away from your parents you shouldn't give advice about that.

agree or disagree?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people can have a different perspective to things that you might not of thought of yourself. Whether it was a womanly issue and a man answered, or people with huge age gaps, or like in your question just anything you yourself haven't personally experienced... doesn't mean they don't know anything in my opinion.

To a degree if you can't relate or aren't familiar your knowledge can be lacking. Maybe someone close to them did experience it. Maybe they just have an opinion that's helpful.

I think people should be open to all positive advice and different perspectives.

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't experienced killing myself, but I have learned much about suicide and what people feel. I know that most problems pass and most of the people who have committed suicide would have lived better and happier lives if they had had help instead of killing themselves.

I have not experienced radiation burns from handling radioactive material, but I can tell you that it is dangerous and can kill you.

I have not experienced divorce, but have seen many people who have and have learned about many that I have not met. Enough to be able to show some people ways to avoid divorce, or to be more accepting of it if it does happen.

Obstetricians usually have not gone through childbirth and felt its affects, yet they can impart good advice on emotional changes to mothers-to-be.

People do not need to have experienced things to be knowledgeable enough to impart good advice.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the situation. Sometimes the person that hasn't experienced it isn't bias and they give the best advice because they can see from a non-biased and rationale viewpoint where as the person who has experienced it is clouded by emotions and can't think straight.

• Depends... some things can use some common sense - regardless of experience - but I Do agree that having the experience of it can be even more useful - the downside of it - it can also color the answer very subjectively... which isn't helpful in most cases.

• I have a hard time with that, because in a lot of ways if you haven't experienced whatever you can't fully understand the way one feels. on the other hand they can give you a this is what I think I would do. usually I try to say I haven't experienced that but. ... I don't try to pretend I know what someone's feeling or know what they are going through. ... I hate it when it's like their parent. . l sometimes am lost to what I should say. . I sure don't want to experience that.

• I don't know! I don't give advice anymore! sorry!

• To a certain point yes.. Wisdom, and knowledge can go a long way

• Well obviously if you've experienced it, you're more likely to give better advice.

• I wouldn't say never

I think if you never experienced the same trouble, you should be patient enough and really listen well to have a better understanding of how the person feels and about the situation as well

✌❤

• Hey peace love girl. Been seeing you around. ✌🏻❤️

• Oh yeah❤😄

What Guys Said 3

• I haven't experienced murder yet my advice still is don't murder and try not to get murdered, so I have to disagree unless you believe my advice about murder to be invalid due to lack of experience.

• It depends on the circumstance.

• For example?

• I dunno. But there are some circumstances in which you can make an educated guess... or make a proper analysis to theorise something...

In others you probably couldn't

• I agree, that's why this website is good for nothing, people bullshit and dress it up as experience.