Do you think it's unfair of unattractive people to want good-looking partners?

What do you think about unattractive people who feel entitled to getting beautiful people?

• Yes, I think it's unfair (and I consider myself attractive)
  • No, I think they can want what they want (and I consider myself attractive)
  • Yes, I think it's unfair (and I consider myself average)
  • No, I think they can want what they want (and I consider myself average)
  • Yes, I think it's unfair (and I consider myself unattractive)
  • No, I think they can want what they want (and I consider myself unattractive)
I often see men on this website who are below average at best who say they only want to date 8s, 9s, and 10s, was just curious if anything else thinks it's hypocrisy. Everyone wants the best of course, I just don't think it's fair to rule out everyone who's a 7 or under while you yourself is not even good-looking

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on a lot. I'd consider myself unattractive but I've dated a model once. She told me I was the handsomest man she's ever seen, then again I've had a girl who thought I was lying about dating a model because I wasn't attractive. She was surprised when she found out I wasn't lying because she honestly thought I was bad looking. Looks all depends on people. Some girls love how I look, others don't. It's the same with everyone. My brother will literally dump a super model for a 35 year old cubby Mexican woman... I don't get why but that's what he likes.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I do not think it's unfair for unattractive people to want good-looking partners. First of all, attraction is subjective. What may be unattractive to you or me may be highly appealing and engaging to someone else. That's one societal layer of this issue. Another societal layer that you address is entitlement. Feeling entitled to someone's body, future, affections, and romantic time is always wrong. No one ever has a right to be with someone just because they feel so and it's very unbecoming to feel you do.

What Guys Said 16

• It's not unfair, it's what you want. Even the ugliest person in the world wants an attractive partner.
    You always want the best, and sure, you may not be the best looking person, but that doesn't make it wrong that they want an attractive person.

I'm not the best chef, but I still want to go to the best restaurants and have the best chefs cooking for me, should I stop doing that and eat every day at McDonald's?
    It's not the best analogy, but you get what I'm saying.

• Voted D. The argument does not hold good, for the simple reason that attractiveness is highly subjective.

• people are allowed to pursue whoever they desire, all I have to say really.

• I dont think ugly people find other ugly people attractive, so in my opinion, they have a right to go after whatever they want, they just shouldn't act entitled. Even better, they should try to improve themselves to become more attractive.

• Fairness doesn't apply to dating. Fairness applies to the distribution of things of value by someone in a position of authority. Someone making a request (for a date) may have unreasonable expectations but they cannot be unfair as they have no power. People accepting or declining requests for dates cannot be unfair because it is a personal decision.

• The animal need to procreate and create a good environment for children is the basis of men and women getting together. Procreation requires an absence of fairness, this is the means all species that use sexual reproduction remove bad genes from the gene pool, including humans. Attractiveness is a means of judging someone's health, including their genes.

• I don't think it's unfair for them to WANT an attractive partner, but it definitely IS both unfair and hypocritical for them to act like they're ENTITLED to an attractive partner.

• Regardless of what I consider my self, it is not unfair, it's unrealistic. I remember once at a cafĂ©, 3 high schoolers (girls) walked in, 1 had appealing features and the other 2 looked like taller oompa loompas. The oompa loompas were loud about how "only varsity" guys had permission to say hi to them and such while the cute one was rather quiet.

I must have been 24 and noticed from the corner of my eye the cute one was staring at me so I cautiously stared back. Some 5 seconds must have passed until her two friends began bashing her about making eye contact with some random peasant. I turned back to my computer screen giggling and that seemed to enrage them and began ranting about their status at school and such. The cute girl remained quiet until they got their coffees and left.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that girl was very pretty.

• I don't think I really have the right to vote here. I'd say that I'm above-average, and I'd only date girls that I'd consider a 7, 8, 9, of 10, but I think my standards are vastly different from that of most people, and I think they may actually be so different as to be not even really be analagous in that way.

• People can feel entitled to have a partner who looks however thehwant which shows their preferences. But I personally don't have a preference, and I don't really expect someone who is really good looking to be interested in me, but I don't go for looms in a person anyway.

• I think the same about them as i do about attractive people who think they're only entitled to attractive people. They are shallow and misguided. Probably not very nice either.

• But unfair to whom?

• Just in general, asking whether you think it's hypocritical of them

• in my opinion I don't think so because the choice of what someone wants in a partner is personal. If an unattractive person wants a good looking partner (in his/her respective beauty judgement) then that's fine. If that person manages to do that then great for him/her. If not then tough luck. That's why someone can turn down someone they aren't interested in.

What would be unfair is if the unattractive person is left with no choice but to be left with an unattractive person because he/she is deemed unattractive so for that person wanting a good looking partner is forbidden... Or if the attractive person is left without choices but to choose an unattractive person.

• Why should average people be left out in the dirt? If he/she has a chance, why not take it?

• Looks are subjective. What's a 10 to me can be a 1 to someone else. Likewise I could be a 10 to a 10, or a 1 to a 1. Or a 1 to a 10. I consider myself a 3/4, but I want a 10. To me. And I want to be a 10 to her. Does that mean that only a 3 could see me as a 10? To judgmental people yes. That number scale is dramatically changed due to attitude. Overall personality. Only the shallow look at looks alone, and unfortunately, most of the world is shallow. Probably why I'm still single

• Your title and your question are different. There's a big difference between wanting and being entitled to. But no, I don't think it's unfair to want a good looking partner.

• Everyone wants the best, it's a survival mechanism of evolution. Through evolution, the unfit get filtered out.

What Girls Said 9

• No...
    I've seen plenty of really happy couples whose physical attraction doesn't match... but obviously they don't seem to think so and I like it that way.
    I like people wanting what they want and getting that. =)
    As long as they're good people, of course.

• ER... i don't care.

• Hell naw! It's not their fault they weren't bornr attractive. And that doesn't mean they don't deserve to get a beautiful partner.

• hmmm, i'm not sure how to vote on the poll

usually, people will find attractive others that look similar to themselves
    i've also seen cases of very attractive women with less attractive men, but they usually have something else to offer other than looks
    i've also seen it the other way around but much less so

• Lol, it's okay for anyone to want anything. Life is not for the weak.

• unrealistic? I don't think fairness has anything to do with it

• unfair yes, wrong no. its more complicated than just that. among many many other reasons, they have more of something else to offer the better looking person, and thats ok or the other person doesn't care as much about looks.

• Eh, it's their choice to WANT to desire attractive people, like they can't help how they feel. But I don't like when below average people put down others who might not be as "hot" as others. Like, why drag them down? You aren't interested, move on. No need for that. I know I don't want to be with a shallow person, so at least that weeds them out.

• It's not unfair.

But it is better to not focus on beauty itself. Meaning, beauty should not be the main focus on looking for a partner.

His character should come first.

✌❤