Why is my ipod touch not fully charging?

I have had my ipod touch for arounf 3 years and it has only been recently that I have had problems. It chrages but only till 30%. Any ideas what is wrong with it and how I can fix it?

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like the rechargeable battery is worn out. They only have so many charge and discharge cycles.

• I think the only thing you can do is go to the shop and buy a new iPod. You can look into replacing the battery but normally it is not worth it, by the time you have paid for parts and labour costs it is normally going to cost you more money than just buying a new one.

• @Red_Arrow the problem is they are glued shut not screwed together.

• Well, I am not sure how they are doing it, but you can find the batteries online, as well as kits to install them if you need them. (Tools and instructions.)

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe the thing doesn't work.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• lithium ion batteries die out eventually. they have a limited amount of charge cycles (amount of times you can fully recharge it). you will need to get the battery replaced if you really want to keep the ipod.

What Girls Said 1

• So it's basically a hardware issue, its battery is more or less useless. I don't think there's anything you can do but get the battery/whole thing replaced.