Please give me your opinion on my situation?

So i'm a new student in my school and i found a few friends. I told my friend that i have a crush on someone and she said she has a crush on the same guy and it's been a year so we started to talk about it and I said if you liked him for a year why didn't you make a move till now so right now she's kind of putting us into a competetive situation and i don't like it and i'm 2 years older than her so i just thought that maybe i could have a chance instead of her and she also already likes someone else. so yeah a little help or if anyone was in the same situation what did you do? is it wrong or bad that i like this person and want to be with him while i know my friend likes him too?:(

Most Helpful Girl

• If the guy isn't returning the feelings, I just move on.

So instead of talking to her, talk to the guy. :)

What Guys Said 3

• she could've said something, it's been an entire year. She's just jelous that you now like him and she wasn't mature enough to do anything.

• Did she call dibs?
    If not than go for it.

• Not wrong to like him at all. Say to your friend: "She who makes the first move has first dibs."

What Girls Said 3

• I suggest you go up to him and tell him how you feel. If he likes you, then things are in your favor. You'd probably lose your friendship though, girls can be extreme jealous bitches sometimes.

• Well make the first move and your set. My friends and I sometimes like the same guy but usually one of us drops it because we dont want to fight or act immature... then both of us end up not liking them at the end

• Its kind of a little bit back stabbish but I am sure that she would try to do the same. If you like him go for it.. Dont wait until she takes him!