Barely getting hours at my new job? Should I quit?

I'm soooooo fucking pissed right now. This is my first job as a hostess, at a restauraunt that I love. We get paid $10 an hour, but I barely fucking get any hours!!! I'm under 18, so I know that I can't have any more than 80 hours, but most people my age are working 5 hours a night, and work about 15 hours every two weeks. You know how much I work a night? TWO. Two fucking hours a night and about 8-10 hours a week.
I just started 3 weeks ago, and I got my first paycheck of $110 and I'm furious. Should I be? Am I overthinking all of this? Should I quit or ask my manager for more hours? PLEASE HELP

Most Helpful Guy

• The business thing to do is ask your manager can you work more hours. If things don't change look for another job and keep the job so you can have money coming in. Since you will have days off, use that time to go to interviews or feel out applications.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try asking for more hours first. If it still doesn't work out after a few months, then quit.

What Guys Said 5

• keep applying for other jobs and if one comes up that will give you the hours you want then take it and quit your current job. it would be dumb to just quit without a back up job at least.

• The adult way is to apply for new jobs while you continue working, then give 2 weeks notice when you get hired. Quitting without another job lined up looks bad to potential employers. You're also much more desirable to employers when you are currently working.

• Do as @9mfeo said. Try getting at least 12 hours a week.

• Don't quit... but do look for another job.

• ask for more hours. take a deep breath. there are other jobs out there. focus on school. try not to go to some bullshit liberal arts college

What Girls Said 0