Are people who bleach their skin, racist?

0|0
4|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say racist. Is that any different than someone who colors their hair, or has cosmetic surgery to change their appearance? It's a sign of someone who isn't happy with their own appearance.

0|0
    0|0
    • but if they aren't happy with that skin on themselves, how can one expect for them to be indifferent to that skin on others.

• Show All
    • It's not quite self hatred as you just don't like yourself right now, you don't exactly hate yourself. But,
      But, (yes, 2 buts ) Not liking someone because of their race in itself is racist. Hating someone because of his race, is just icing on the cake.

• I would argue that society holding lighter skin as the standard of beauty, something even children pick up on, as the main culprit rather than outright racism.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't say racist but perhaps mentally ill or suffering from extreme low self esteem

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No, they just hate themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Can the same be said for people who tan? I'm not sure about either question, but I'm curious, too.

0|0
    0|0
  • no, just a lame attempt at making themselves appear what they consider beautiful

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!