Question for vegan and vegetarian GaG user, how funny do you think it is when meat eaters try to say that we're the self righteous?

When they're the ones who have their head stuck so far up their own asses that they'd think that satisfying their taste buds could justify taking a life

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's hilarious. I also find it funny when they say "Stop pushing your beliefs on me", yet being a meat eater actually requires them to push their beliefs of eating meat on other beings by killing them. Literally forcing beings to die for their "beliefs", yet somehow vegans are worse for saying "Hey maybe don't kill innocent animals."

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you know that whenever you take a step, billions of bacteria die under your foot, you cruel, cruel oaf?

• Did you know that bacteria lack a centralized nervous system and that you're trying to burn down a straw-man that you haven't even built yet :)

• No. There are no goddamn animal philosophers.

• That doesn't mean that they don't think and let me reiterate this FACT: It's not my opinion, it's the consensus reached by the world's leading neuroscientists.

What Girls Said 2

• Humans are omnivores, we evolved from eating both plants and animals. The ethical concerns of a life being taken just to statisfy taste, varies from culture to culture. Not everyone thinks killing animals for nutrition is wrong, majority eat it because it is part of their culture.

• "Humans are omnivores"

Yeah, eat meat the way a real omnivore would (no cooking, no cleaning, no draining blood, the whole animal [organs and all] down in one sitting and tell me that again.

• I didn't go through any sort of anemia and when I stopped eating meat I stopped losing my hair.

• Whatever you say man. :)

• "... how funny do you think it is when meat eaters try to say that we're the self righteous?"

You (not every vegan/vegetarian) are being self-righteous.

• No you and EVERY meat eater is self righteous.

• I'll continue to eat meat (and it will continue to be legal/acceptable) because humans are omnivorous, therefore we are able to enjoy it and it's health benefits.

• We are not omnivorous and we couldn't eat meat and it wouldn't plague our society with all sorts of chronic illnesses if we were somehow adapted to eat it (we're not).

What Guys Said 1

• Meat eaters think that because vegans probably come across as self-righteous since they pretty much do have reason to be. They're not the ones contributing to murder and exploitation of whole species.