What would you do if you saw a 10 year-old girl hurting things?

These new neighbors just moved in about 4 months ago. My parents only greeted them once (consisting of the mother and some guy she's dating) and the girl just turned 10 last month.

Anyway I've caught her on two occasions trying to hurt living things.
1st incident: Chasing a cat with a broom with the intention of beating it and saying ''come back here, stupid cat''
2nd incident: Purposely stepping on a frog and smiling.

Then I've heard from someone else she was invited once to a friend's house. Then one day her hamster went missing and was not seen again. Another hamster was bought and it went missing too. So they don't invite that girl ever again since.

Is this some stage a child that age would go through and eventually become better or is the girl truly going to become bad when she grows up too?

Most Helpful Guy

• That one of the 3 big sign they might be a serial killers

• It's been informed by now. Apparently someone is coming over today talk with the mother. But yeah, on Sun I caught her again trying to chase another cat (this time with a big stick) and when I ask her why, she then said ''It's not bad'' and actually admitted to getting rid of two hamsters. Creepy part is she has a smile on her face.

Most Helpful Girl

• "We Need To Talk About Kevin." Suggest that movie to her parents.

That's scary. That's how sociopaths tend to behave as children, and most serial killers start killing small animals first. That kind of thing makes me sick and I feel sorry for any animals near her.

What Guys Said 4

• This definitely sounds like a sign that there's something bad going on in her life at home. Maybe she's being abused, or has seen her mother being abused or something. Have you told your parents?
    This is the kind of thing that should be addressed sooner rather than later. Otherwise we'll see this girl on the news a few years down the road. Or worse, she'll get knocked up between the age of 15 and 17 and then have her own kid who will probably get abused, and will grow up to hurt other people / living creatures.

Let an adult know, and see to it that they do something about it. Maybe not the police, but social services or child protective services... SOMETHING.

TELL YOUR PARENTS, or if you don't think they'll do anything about it, talk to a councilor at school. But tell someone responsible.

• Well, I would politely try to explain to her that doing such things are wrong, our deeds will only come back to us someday.

• Tell her parents and if they don't do anything about it I'll talk to her daughter next time

• I would go up to them and say, "Hurting things will either hurt you inside, or make people want to hurt you. People who value those things more than they do you. I'd suggest finding a nice hobby. "

What Girls Said 2

• Tell your parents and tell them you want to call the police.

• Someone's coming over today to talk with the mother. It's been informed by now. But yes, on Sun I caught her again trying to chase another cat but with a big stick this time. That girl gives me the creeps. I asked her girl and she said ''It's not bad'' and actually admitted to getting rid of two hamsters.

• I'd tell the parents and/or stay tf away from her

• Someone's coming over today to speak with the mother. But yes, that girl gives me the creeps. I know children can be spoiled and mean but I got creeped out when she actually admitted on Sun to getting rid of two hamsters (after catching her chasing another cat with a big stick and I asked her why) and had a smile on her face.