I'm not suicidal but I don't want to live any more, does anyone else struggle with this?

I just can't find any meaning to life. Nothing actually matters unless you make it matter and I'm just so done with this world. I cannot see the point. My boyfriend is still young enough that he could happily find someone else, my family would cope, they are resiliant people. I'm just struggling to find a reason to stay. I have a good job, I live in a beautiful part of the world. I'm loved but none of it seems to matter. It's all so pointless.

Any one else ever feel like this? I think I hide it very well but behind the scenes I am desperate to get this life over and done with. See what's next.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I feel the same way, we're both just depressed. But I try to find the point of living for myself, or create one, if there's none. This is the only life we get, it's not like you go from Point A to Point B. There's Point A, and then nothing. Even your current, supposedly pointless life is better than "nothing".

• Just think about it.

• You know, I think the problem here is that you need some meaning to life. But the truth is that there isn't any, and it's something we all need to accept to be happy. Imagine the Earth in the Solar System. Then in the Milky Way. Then in the whole vast space. Our planet is a teeny tiny dot, smaller than a grain of sand. How much does it matter, how much do we matter, when there are stars and galaxies being born or slowly dying? Zero. We're so insignificant it's not even worth mentioning. And that's great. Because no matter what we do, we all will eventually die, and the life on our planet will eventually stop existing in a distant future. But distant for us, because once again, for the Universe those years will be nothing. Life IS pointless, most people just don't realise it. But it doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. You have a choice between having *something* and then nothing, or nothing and then nothing again.

• And the latter doesn't seem that bad because you, maybe only subconsciously, realise that in theory you can come back to “something” any time. For now. But if you die, then there’s only nothing left. It may not sound that bad, because you think you feel nothing now, but there’s still things happening around you. But imagine being somewhere dark, empty, and quiet. All on your own. Forever.

What Guys Said 4

• You've just listed good reasons to live, not kill yourself. You have a boyfriend who will miss you, and along with your family can also help you with what you're feeling. A good job etc, so I think you need to let the people who love you, help you.

• How can they help me when there is nothing wrong?

• Yeah I agree with all those points. But don't focus on that, focus on enjoying your life, by going travelling, fun weekends with your boyfriend, go to parties with friends. Basically just be happy, and get the most you can out of life.

• I do all those things but they don't give me meaning. On the outside I seem like a happy and content person but on the inside in desperately searching for a reason to keep going.

• You sound depressed, bearing in mind that you have what most people would consider a perfect life. There are treatments available but you might not like them.

• I don't think I really want help. I just wish I could vanish from existence.

• I might not, but I know I'm not keen on this... what we call existence.

• Existence might suck, but that's all there is.

• "There's nothing a new city can't cure"
    -Dexter

• I've moved before, al it does is delay your problems catching up with you.

• I've done it before, all it would do this time is take me back to where I was seven years ago. Back at the bottom of the job ladder. That isn't going to make me see a point in living.

• Whatever, you ask for advice then don't take it.

• You need spirituality.

• Why do you say that?

• Because you probably lack a feeling of connection to humanity.

What Girls Said 3

• You have Everything going and flowing for you here, and the world by the tail however you Feel... Failed.
    You are going through Depression and it is causing suicidal thoughts. I see the sure signs and it is Time to call on a doctor who can Best assist you.
    Mental illness runs in my own family. I watched over the years with their own struggles. However, getting on the right meds can put this to bed so you Can... Stay.
    Please, you have it All, and so many people out there would kill for what you have. Don't make the people who love you the most, even your SO, watch you fade away one day, and break their hearts saying to one Another : What could have we done to help her prevent this?
    Good luck and my blessings. xxoo

• I did go to therapy but it just made me feel even more alone. All it did was make me face the fact that I don't connect with this world.

• The questions she asked me made me feel totally alone. She asked who was the first person to really understand me. To "get me" totally. I said no one. I didn't think that actually happened. It broke my heart to find that people do feel that way and I've never felt like that. I don't think I've bounced back from it.

• It helps in cases like yours, if you can have an upclose and more personal relationship with a therapist who you can relate to and feel comfy with... It sounds like this one didn't cut it. xx

• I understand that sometimes you feel like nothing is enough, but you'll never get to see positive things if your mind is so negative, it starts from there, be a bit more open with what the world has to offer. Set yourself goals, that would help a lot to keep you motivated, there must be something you want to do.
    You need to be more optimistic, is not good to focus on the negative things, life can be good is just a matter of changing your way of thinking

• You sound very depressed. :( You should reach out for a professional.