Soda VS. Pop VS. VS. Soda-pop VV. Coke. Where are you originally from, and which one do you choose (For U. S. Gaggers.)?

I'm originally from New York but I've moved to Georgia a few years ago, and I've said "soda" all my life. A friend of mine who's from Ohio says it's "pop", and our other friend who was born and raised in Georgia calls all types of soda "Coke". I know there are a few weirdlings out there who call it "soda-pop" so I'm including it too. Which one do you think it is?

>o > It's soda...

• Soda
  • Pop
  • Coke
  • I'm that weirdo who calls it "soda-pop".
  • I'm not from the U. S. (Feel free to put down what you call soda where you're from.)
Vs.* Sorry about my typo (s).
I want to meet the 2 weirdlings who said they call it soda-pop so I can ask "Why?". xD

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, funny story. I was ordering a slice of pizza and the next customer in line asked for a "pie". The cashier was confused and was like "What? A pie?". Meanwhile the customer is getting mad that the cashier doesn't know what he's talking about. I had to step in and explain that he wanted a whole pizza.

What Guys Said 9

• It's fucking soda. Pop is already a word for other things, so why use it? Plus, it was the SUFFIX to "soda-pop" and why the hell would you refer to something by its suffix like that when you have another choice?

Coke is a specific type of soda. That's just a stupid thing to call it too. What, do they say "I'll have a coke?" and the waiter says "what kind of coke" and they say "Coke". That's fucking stupid.

• They actually do that coke thing in the South. I've seen it do much. xD

• I say Coke generally cause I live in the South now. But a lot of my family still say pop cause they are from Michigan and Canada.

• I don't get why everyone in the South calls everything "coke". xD

• Yeah me neither, really. But people look at you weirdly if you say pop so I just adapted to saying coke.

Oh course then I go back up to Michigan/Canada and people are always confused when I say "coke" for everything lol

• I get confused if someone says anything but soda.

• I'm from a cultural hub in the Midwest and there are so many different types of people here that they say all of them. It's usually brand names though.

• Virginians say Soda, Minnesotans say Pop and if you move to Mn from Va at some point you will say "Give me a FUCKING SODA!"

• I know. Like the only two states I know that say "pop" are Ohio and Minnesota. xD

• Sodaaaaaaaaa

• California, it's soda unless you specifically want a Coke.

• Kansans call it pop.

• 0|0
  • New Zealand terms.
    "Yo got some fizzy drinks?"
    "I could use some fizzy"
    Or instead we just call it be its name. Coke, Pepsi etc. Like normal people. =D

What Girls Said 11

• I'm from the UK and we call it fizzy or fizz. Sometimes sparkling.

• @DooMguy I thought you were kidding, but she said the same thing too. It's so odd but I like it. xD

• @DooMguy The Queen's knowledge of beverages extends only to fine wines and tea. She is none the wiser about the use of the word fizzy, a drink for the humble peasant.

• whoa. . . whoa are you callin' me a peasant?

I may be a peasant but I'm a proud peasant and soon I'll get to open a present.

(If you like rhymes I got more where that came from)

you know you kind of remind me of that neko-chan girl. . .

• I'm from Australia. We call it "soft-drink" lol or whatever the soft drink is we just say it "mm I'll have a coke" "I'll have fanta" and so forth and so forth

• Wouldn't it be quicker to shorten it? o:

• LOOOOL 🙈🙊 I could honestly go for a soda but I'm drinking coffee

• xD Oml this was genius.

• I'm from Michigan and I've only ever called it pop and been around a majority of people who call it pop. However, I have heard a few people call it soda as well. And they've been people whom I know are born and raised in Michigan as I am.

• ;A; But it's soda...

• I usually call it soda-pop on websites like this just so it's not mistaken what I'm saying, but that's usually the only exception apart from mockingly saying "soda" lol

• I use all but pop.

• That's interesting. Why don't you call it pop?

• Ahh I see. Maybe it's because you're like in between the states that say soda and pop. xD

• Probably!

• I've lived in Maryland all of my life, and I call it soda.

• Where I'm from in Canada we call it pop.

• soooodaassssss

• I'm from Pittsburgh and we call it "Pop" here.

• I'm from Tennessee and we call them all cokes. But if you're in a restaurant and ordering a drink you order it specifically, such as Mountain Dew, but normally if you just say coke they'll give you coca cola or Pepsi, it just depends on which one they have.

• We call by its name.

Pepsi=pepsi
    Coke=coke
    Etc

• Japanese people call it "Cora" bc they can't say the L sound

• I'm sure there are those who can pronounce the L sound.

• I hope I can find some one too, and I also wish you luck on your learning journey.

• Thank you!