Is there a good way to find out if someone you have been talking to online, is lying to you?

I want to know if this guy is lying to me, but I don't know if I should confront him or ask him some questions that will help me with my doubts.
Is there any type of research I can do? Or should I confront him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try and trick him into saying a contradiction. It's easier than it seems.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a dating site you could always have a spare account try message on that or ask a friend too. But it's opening the floodgates to a lot of distrust. Do you have reason to think he's lying. Is any of this worth the hassle if he is?

• Yes, I think it's important. At least I will be aware of the truth, I will be at peace with myself.

What Guys Said 4

• Confront! Aggressively!
    The anonymity of the internet is abused so pervasively, you have a responsibility to protect yourself from it. If this contact protests in over-defensive or angrily offended attempts to shame or intimidate, this person has something to hide.
    Use your own instincts and do not be afraid to come across with dead serious resolve!
    Your obligation to scrutinize to your satisfaction should be understood in this context by those cognitive of both the potential threat and how they must be profiled with in it.

• For which purpose? The best way to fuck around with a liar is being a liar yourself, reveal the trap after he falls into it

• What's the situation? Why is it you feel he's lying?

• I thought he was lying about some things in his life, but I talked to him and now it doesn't seems to me that he's lying.
      Anyways, thank you for answering.

• Yes, if they have a vagina they're probably lying.

What Girls Said 0