Have you ever lied about being or not being a virgin?

If so why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah I'm straight forward about being a virgin.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't actually remember but it's impossible that I sometimes lied about it when I was a teenager. I lost my virginity very late (22) and when I was still a virgin, it was very hard to bear that I was the only one left who wasn't a virgin (especially because I desperately wanted to know what sex is like). Also, contrary to America for example, where puritan mentality can be quite influential, we don't have people here in Europe who say "It's good you're still a virgin, it's good you don't have sex too early". We have extremely few teenager pregnancies in my country and so, most young people don't really see a reason why anyone would wait with having sex. In other words: losing your virginity at a late age is less socially accepted as in other (more conservative) parts of the world. When I was 18, pretty much all of my close friends (both girls and guys) had had their first time. Although nobody openly hurried or pressured me, I did feel quite stressed out about it. So it's possible that I lied about it to people I didn't know well. I just hated hearing this "whaaat? You're 21 and still a virgin?" type of thing all the time. I didn't want to be looked at as though I was some weird, reclusive nerd. This stigma is especially easy to be connected with when you're a guy.

What Girls Said 9

• i had to once, only to stay out of danger.

• Nope, never. Don't feel the need to lie.

• I lied before... I don't know y... I thought it would make him want me more... So dum... haha

• NOPE.. never had to and never will.. im proud to be a virgin :D

• I did once, when I was a virgin I said I wasn't. I did it because I was young as hell and all of my friends were having sex and I felt left out.

• Nope, there is no point in doing so...

• I haven't. There is no point.

• Yeah lol i said i had sex twice. My cherry is not even ripe

• Nah, Because I am working on being an honest person.

What Guys Said 3

• No, I haven't. Why would I lie about this. In fact I am proud to call myself a virgin. I also wish to remain a virgin ( till the end).

• Nope. No reason for me to lie about such a thing.

• Yea I lie about not being a virgin as a technique to attract girls