What matters more your marks or your work experience?

Or are they a combination of both?

Most Helpful Guy

• You mean school grades?
    I think it's a combination of both, but depending on what you wanna work as.
    For artists, grades and GPA don't mean much, if your portfolio is awesome, they will hire you no matter if you have a low GPA.
    Work experience is always good, but everyone starts with zero, which is my case. That's why you gotta demonstrate somehow that you're still capable to do the job even though you have little or no experience.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• Marks only matter for your first job. After that it's almost entirely about relevant experience and personality. After about five years or so I don't even see a reason to put your marks on your resume, unless maybe they are super good.

Also, not all experience is equal. Some experience is far better than other. Getting *good* experience should be a high priority on your first few jobs.

• Relevant work experience and adequate grades go a lot further than an honors with no relevant industry experience.

• it is a combination

What Girls Said 0