Girls do you think it's easy to be confident?

I've been on here quite often and in most cases girls at what attracts them to guys is confidence.

Many guys struggle with that. Do girls think it's easy to be confident?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's not easy, that's why it's attractive

• Wouldn't it be better to tell a guys who's obviously struggling with confidence to tell him how to do it? instead of just saying 'be confident?'

Are you confident?

• Sometimes I am sometimes I'm not, it's really difficult. I think what girls mean by confidence is attractive is that if you just come across a guy in the street who you can tell is sure of himself and another guy who looks super self concious, you're naturally gonna be more drawn to the confident guy. But say you're already invested in a not so confident guy, I would never tell him just be confident, I would try more to encourage him to be confident by telling hi his great attributes. So really it depends on the situation. I hope that made sense hahaha

What Girls Said 4

• No that really!!! If your born with good gene its easy but if your big and not so good facial feature its hard to love yourself. Esp because we are told was pretty and whats not.

• For me it is really hard to be confidant, but I am naturally shy

• it's bs though. no one becomes attracted to someone because O... M... G, he's sooo confident!

• for me personally its difficult even when i been told that I don't seem shy but really I'm still insecure about a lot of things of myself

What Guys Said 3

• -To me insecurity means you see yourself as inferior to your peers, this can be as a whole or it could be broken down to individual characteristics.

-Confidence is you have a realistic view of your strengths and weaknesses but see room for improvement. You believe in yourself, feel comfortable in your own skin/ with your abilities and see yourself as being pretty much on an even playing field as those around you.

-Arrogance, you see yourself as being better than those around you. Often because of an inflated sense of your abilities and ignoring your weaknesses.

I think a large part of being confidence has to do with
    1. How you perceive yourself in relation to other people
    2. How other people perceive/treat you

So confidence is based on your own perception of your skills/attributes as well as the way other people treat you (encouragement vs discouragement respect vs disrespect). Quick Example: A model, you’d think would feel confident because they are objectively really good looking, however people in the industry are constantly examining their looks, picking out minor flaws nobody else would notice, and telling them they aren’t good enough. So in that scenario, the way people treat her are hurting her self-confidence. Also she might feel inadequate intellectually since nobody ever recognizes her for anything other than her appearance. So its not as simply as good looking=confident.

The way people treat you is often influenced by your skills and attributes. If you're smart and funny, people will be more likely to want to be near you, and respect you. Being good looking will decrease your odds of being bullied for your appearance, although that isn't a guarantee either. For Example: An attractive girl might get bullied by other less attractive girls. A pretty boy might get bulled by guys.

I think the key to being confident is to learn how to see yourself from an objective standpoint and ignore the opinions of nonconstructive opinions of others. It helps to be skilled and have positive attributes. When a girl says she likes a confident guy, he almost always has a trait or traits that make him confident. He’s good looking, funny, smart, a good conversationalist, wealthy, etc. he's got things going for him that make him confident. The last part is to push through the negative feelings. I don't believe anyone is 100% confident all of the time, but they are able to push through it.

So I’d say the best path to confidence is self-improvement.

• It's not easy, if it was, everyone would be confident and it wouldn't be as attractive as it is.

• Girls just seem to talk as if it is that easy. like their advice to a guy who wants girls to like him is 'be confident' as if that is something easy to achieve

• Yeah, but it's not easy at all, they'll never understand.

• I am confident, still not successful with women.