What's the first thing you'd buy after winning the lottery?

• new home (describe it below)
  • new car (what kind)
  • vacation (where)
  • pay off debts
  • give some to loved ones
  • give some to charity
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd seriously go into business. I'd rather live in a cardboard box waiting for my lottery earnings to make me even richer, than buy a house straight away and be broke again in a couple years. I'm 16 (irrelevant)

• you have to be at least 18 to play. sorry kiddo!

• oh, well lucky you! how'd you spend it?

• £5 to a 'homeless' guy, £5 for food, have some left over which will most probably go to a couple business projects I'm working on. People call me lucky, yet I win quite regularly at lottery, which would make me very lucky (even though they're small amounts).

What Guys Said 14

• The very first thing is to take a good chunk and put it into savings so even if I somehow blow the rest I still have a good retirement plan.

• nice! I've actually though of what I would do if I somehow came into a lot of money and decided to put enough to have 50,000 per year for 30 years away for retirement.

• I wasn't thinking of that type of waste. I thought you meant trash. smart ass!

an avocado tree would be great, and other fruit and nuts trees.

• Well sure a lot of trash could be felt with right there. Even now I compost a lot of the food scraps here.

All kinds of trees, avocados are amazing, citrus fruit, stone fruit, whatever. A massive herb garden too. Maybe some medicinal plants; birch, oregano, willow...

• I would build a log home / Ranch style

• you don't need to win the lottery to do that

• Choice , not voice

• true true. ;)

• I would pay off my debts, take $100k, put the rest away in a trust and take time off while I thought long and hard about how I was going to handle it.

I would get a financial advisor to help me set it up so I can always live off the winnings, then I would set myself up - house, car etc. Then I would take care of my sister and parents, a few close friends.

I would also be talking to lawyers etc to make sure that my money was protected and remained mine no matter what.

Then, it would be time to enjoy life.

However, I would have a rule - anyone who asks me for money, doesn't get any.

• I guess after I take care of putting away money for the future and all that shit, I'd buy all of the games that I've been wanting on steam. I'd then buy the most badass computer I can get for under 10,000 dollars.

• lol, you could get a really good computer for well under 10000

• That't the point. Overkill it so that I don't ever have to buy a new one.

• New car, preferably a Tesla Model S.

• Actually all of the above and in that order

• Another lottery ticket.

• no joke, a cheeseburger and fries.

• probably pay off debts and go on vacations

• Video games!!! lol 🤑 🎮🖥🎮
    Note: you said first, not main/only. ☝🙂

• Makeover time, let's look a million dollars. While on holiday. With friends.

• I'd donate a large sum to the NRA/ILA, probably a third of what I get.

• All of the above :P

• I'd go on vacation to French Polynesia and think about my next move. lmao

What Girls Said 12

• An island. 💰💰

• Id put most of it into savings, before giving some to my parents and sisters to pay off their debts, pay off my own debts, buy myself a unit and maybe an investment property, and then some to charity.

• I would help my mother with her money issues, then I'd use it to be able to afford college. If i have any money left over I'd donate some to a charity or two and then splurge on shopping (most likely food)

• First thing is pay off my truck only a few payments left. Then I would book my vacation to Australia.

• I'd pay off my debts and then probably cry with joy from the weight being lifted off my shoulders.

• South Africa, Madagascar and Kenya sounds about right haha I'd love to spend some months there. Get to know the places and work as a volunteer with animals and kids. That would be a dream come true <3

• well, if it's volunteering, you can do that without money. you should look in to in online.

• Thats awesome then! Have u ever done it? :)

• no. I've wanted to try volunteering at a national park though.

• new home a mansion on a island.

• A methlab.

• A horse!!!

• Pay debts (if any)

• New fancy bags 😱😱😍😍

• a big new house with cool rooms and a big swimming pool. A house where i can have my parents my brother and family i will have with my husband and kids.