What do you think of the phrase "blood is thicker than water"?

Do you agree or disagree with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with it's "real meaning " without a doubt BUT now how we commonly use it today ^_^. www.cracked.com/...requently-misused-proverbs.html i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

• How We Use It

As a reminder that family bonds are more important than temporary relationships with friends. "I don't care that your buddy wants you to help him move that day. It's your mom's birthday, and blood is thicker than water."

What It Originally Meant

"The bond between comrades is stronger even than your family allegiances. Nothing brings dudes together like bathing in the blood of the enemy!"

When we say that "blood is thicker than water," we're using the term "blood" in the same sense as "blood relations," or people in our immediate family. Typically, it's used as a means to shame family members who side with friends over their parents or siblings, and you'll hear it used by Mafia members who want to remind each other that their allegiance to the Family is all that matters.

copied from there ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rathee believe in "blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb".

What Guys Said 1

• Yes and no. If I had a girl that I loved but my family couldn't stand I'd leave my family

What Girls Said 3

• Disagree completely. I have seen lots of people who have family that wouldn't die for them , but friends who would. a lot of siblings don't even talk to each other. All my sisters (9 believe it or not) used to treat their friends better than each other and me, and would defend their friends over each other... My sisters friends who were good looking guys, used to beat up and bully my younger brother, and they all sided with the guys and actually would bully my brother with the guys. Even look at Hannah Montana , don't you reckon she's a brat sister biatch who looks down on her brother? That's what most girls are like. to their brothers. Sisters would give money to a guy friend in need or popular friend in need, over a sister in need... and this isn't just my own sisters. it's like everyone I know. So yeah , I disagree. In a lot of cases blood will not be thicker than water, and it's all for superficial reasons

• It is a fact. Blood is more viscous than water.

• The entire saying is "blood of brotherhood is thicker than water if he womb" so whichever way you interpreter it could work
    The way most people take it is that family is more important than non-familial relationships. Which of course depends on the circumstances.