Is it scarier knowing when your going to die or not?

I think it would be scarier knowing because you will know!

• Knowing
  • Not Knowing

Most Helpful Guy

• Pros and cons to each... Dr. Timothy Leary knew he was dying so he made the process in to a fun party and planned some jokes/pranks for his friends (I read somewhere that a few weeks after he died, some of his friends got emails from him 'from the other side', which he had obviously set up beforehand).
    So if I knew I had a certain number of weeks/days, it would be nice to be able to prepare for it and maybe even be able to enjoy the experience. (Hey, none of us are going to avoid it anyway, so why not try and make it fun?)

On the other hand, there would be a lot of anticipation and probably some stress and sadness, which wouldn't be there if it just happened unexpectedly.

• Just looked it up. The email read:

"Dear Robert,
      How are you doing? I'm doing fine over here, but it's not what I expected. Too crowded.
      Love, Timothy"

Something like that would be a good way to leave people laughing after I'm gone. :-)

• @chinchillas Tim Leary was brilliant and hysterically funny, I wish I would have been able to meet him while he was alive. Look him up, he did a lot of exploration into what's beyond the reality we all live in right now and I love his approach to dying. There's videos from his final days on YouTube, you can see that there was basically a party going on at his house the whole time with people coming and going, to share some final good times with him and wish him well. "Designer Dying" I believe was a term he used...

• That's awesome, very interesting! I'll look him up! Thanks! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I rather know I am going to die so I could be happy and about for the next few hours!

What Guys Said 4

• knowing it really sucks... not knowing it enables you to suppress the thought of it... if you know when, you won´t ever be able to forget.

• i don't want to know when i die, then all i would do is obsesses over it

• Depends. If it's too soon. I better not know. If I die at 2400 then it's ok for me.

• I'd like to know. So I would know how long I have to wait.

What Girls Said 1

• I would rather not know.